--------------- INFORMATION ---------------

Station-Drivers only receives 50% in advertising revenue and the rest from donations so that Station-Drivers survives. I thank some who regularly donate €1, €2, €5, €10, etc. to me and whom I thank enormously.
Thank you for your generosity and your support in continuing my passion and being able to share it.

Fdrsoft

ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Replied by spike_V_sky on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 8 months 3 weeks ago #1491
hi,

i use an sabrent EC-SNVE enclouser with WD Blue SN550 nvme.
The enclouser is updated with FW  1.32.16

The idle temp of  the nvme is about 43°C with 30°C room temp, is normal or a bit  warm ?

the config file has DISK_IPS_THRES : 0x01 so the power saving shoul be on ?

What do you think ?

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Galixte on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 8 months 3 weeks ago #1494
_

I have the same enclosure Sabrent EC-SNVE enclosure.

The value of this parameter is defined in minutes:
Code:
DISK_IPS_THRES

Example of setting up in the config file for this enclosure:
Code:
;10 minutes of idle time will disable disk power DISK_IPS_THRES = 10

The first line is just a comment to describe the setting below. The character 
Code:
;
at the begining of a line permits to comment the line.

Take a look at my configuration file for version 1.32.16:  share.galixte.com/index.php/s/ycYwzXk3qatwkgw

Moreover, I have already shared the configuration file dedicated to version 1.32.49 for this USB enclosure:  www.station-drivers.com/index.php/en-us/...-1-xx?start=190#1431
Last Edit:8 months 3 weeks ago by Galixte
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Galixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spike_V_sky

Replied by spike_V_sky on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 8 months 3 weeks ago #1497
@ Galixte

hi, i checked your configuration file dedicated to version 1.32.49 with my stock cgf file.
There is not PCIE_PWRCUT_THRES, HW_LED_CFG in my file.

- Should i use minutes(no hex) to  DISK_IPS_THRES  take effect ?
- Do you flash the firmware with sdd inside the enclouser or is demanding take out  it?
- Do you know if the EN_U1U2 setting(i find from dump) is working on this enclouser ?

This is my dump file, can  you check it please ?
pastebin.com/RJKYUnnX

Last Edit:8 months 3 weeks ago by spike_V_sky
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by spike_V_sky.

Replied by wade7575 on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 8 months 3 weeks ago #1504
I don't know about the file and what to tell you about that but I know you can re-flash the enclosure's firmware with the ssd inside it if you want to.

If you ever want a good enclosure go to aliexpress and type in Unionsine NVME,they are all aluminum and use the RTL9210B controller and are 10Gbps and work flawlessly and I prefer it to my half aluminum half plastic Orico and other enclosure's I own and the Unionsine only cost me between 15 to 18 Canadian dollars depending on what the exchange rate it is,my Orico was like 45 bucks and is half plastic.

I just use the HIKSEMI_MD202.cfg configure file to re-flash my Unionsine,I found the file after I download a bunch of the RTL9210B firmware downloads on this site. 
Last Edit:8 months 3 weeks ago by wade7575
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by wade7575.

Replied by wade7575 on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 8 months 3 weeks ago #1505

@ Galixte

hi, i checked your configuration file dedicated to version 1.32.49 with my stock cgf file.
There is not PCIE_PWRCUT_THRES, HW_LED_CFG in my file.

- Should i use minutes(no hex) to  DISK_IPS_THRES  take effect ?
- Do you flash the firmware with sdd inside the enclouser or is demanding take out  it?
- Do you know if the EN_U1U2 setting(i find from dump) is working on this enclouser ?

This is my dump file, can  you check it please ?
pastebin.com/RJKYUnnX

I took a look at your Sabrent enclosure and just so you know it's a more fancy version then the one in the link and the one in the link cost's half as much for me to buy over Sabrent,I'm not trying to push this brand or any other brand on you but this is the reason I always check Aliexpress first because all Sabrent did was make the case so it is hinged and that's about it and they want double the money for it,I'd rather buy 2 of the no name then one of a brand name for double the money.

From what I read on another forum I think it was a Chinese forum,I was looking for newer firmware and I read a pretty convincing article that said that Unionsine makes all of Orico's stuff and a few other brands of enclosure's,I have tried to find the forum and article again but can't.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004963769541...n.189.58ea1802ZXihH1

Last Edit:8 months 3 weeks ago by wade7575
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by wade7575.

Time to create page: 0.784 seconds