ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Réponse de Laroldski sur le sujet NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #2579
I also wouldn't trust that they really gave you a Graphene pad,that blue stuff looks exactly like the blue silicone that was used along time ago,I would stick with JEYI product's although they are a Chinese company they seem to care about quality.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005943425516...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

I noticed the firmware that was in the picture you posted where did you get v1.32.91 that's newer then anything that's posted on stations drivers I think.
Last Edit:il y a 1 mois 2 semaines par Laroldski
Dernière édition: il y a 1 mois 2 semaines par Laroldski.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Réponse de spike_V_sky sur le sujet NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #2581
@Laroldski

hi,
I suppose the 20GBps version ( it.aliexpress.com/item/1005005908687138....gatewayAdapt=glo2ita ) use ASM2364 controller.
Do you know if well supported on windows system, no disconnectionm connection drop or other issue ? Does the firmware upgradeble easly ?

Réponse de Laroldski sur le sujet NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #2582

@Laroldski

hi,
I suppose the 20GBps version ( it.aliexpress.com/item/1005005908687138....gatewayAdapt=glo2ita ) use ASM2364 controller.
Do you know if well supported on windows system, no disconnectionm connection drop or other issue ? Does the firmware upgradeble easly ?

That enclosure is a good enclosure and use's the ASM2364 controller,you can get the firmware from Yottamaster directly the are very good about providing it is you ask for it,with the controllers whether it be ASM2364,RTL9210 or the JMS583 controller they all work very well with Windows with no problems of the just disconnecting or stuff like that.

If you want a good 10GBPS enclosure that works very well and is really durable and all the metal is thick look at this one it has a JMS583 controller and  works very well all the time for me.

The one with the Blue circuit board is the 10GBPS enclosure meant for NVMe ssd's.
it.aliexpress.com/item/1005005977099067....arch%7Cquery_from%3A

If you look at this link and look at the 10GBPS it is the very same enclosure as the one in the top link it just has different styling.
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004855050534...in.23.34791802rs8Gmp

I also use these usb cables with all my 10GBPS enclosure's as well and I get the shortest one they sell which is .5M,there is nothing wrong with the cables that come with the with JEYI enclosure's they are just shorter then what I like which I find is the case with most enclosure's.

Also braided cables will last longer when plugged into the front of a pc and left to hang there all the time,the braid stops the cable from bending to much  near where the usb plug is and breaking the wires.

These cables never give me any problems at all and have yet to one out and I often plug my enclosure's into my pc 10 times a day or more.
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004852057867...n.191.34791802rs8Gmp

This enclosure is a good enclosure as well but the back panel is not very thick at all so I prefer the JEYI more for 10 GBPS enclosures I don't see any speed difference between either enclosure.
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005589550207...n.121.34791802rs8Gmp

This is the Yottamaster website so you can contact them for firmware,if they tell you it's risky trying to update the firmware time them you don't care and are willing to take the risk,they told me that and they are just warning you to cover themselves,also flashing the ASM2364 is a lot like flashing an RT9210 very easy.
yottamaster.com/en-ca/products/yottamast...riant=39848739569782

par Laroldski
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: spike_V_sky

Réponse de JustATester sur le sujet NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #2583

@JustATester I don't have any knowledge of the RTL9220,from what I understand you can use the firmware tool that you showed to help you make a configuration file from I understand.

I think it was posted here before and I will try and explain it to you the way recall how to do it,please keep in mind I never had to do it.

If you open the firmware tool that you have with the enclosure plugged in and click the button that say's Dump and then a new drop down window will appear that will say Show Device Info and click on that.

You will now be looking at the Dump file which contains your enclosure's setting's as far as how long the enclosure may stay on before going to sleep if is not in use and so on.

You can copy and then paste everything that is shown there and then paste in Notepad if your using a pc and name it whatever you want with .bin at the end of it.

You may want to ask admin or someone else if what I suggested is correct.

For really good 20GBPS enclosure's I prefer Yottamaster over most because they use ASMedia controllers which I find to seem to have all the bug's ironed out them when they are released and don't often need a lot of updating.

I already dumped the device info, it was in the spoiler in my first post - you can then use this to make the configuration by deleting the first 3 lines, then replacing : with = which I already did.

The actual Firmware Bin and Firmware GD files are something device manufacturers would have to provide, and as of yet no manufacturer I've seen has provided the Firmware Bin file for an RTL9220 based enclosure, and it's impossible to re-flash or update the device without one.

I'm not looking to buy alternative enclosures at this time.

I also wouldn't trust that they really gave you a Graphene pad,that blue stuff looks exactly like the blue silicone that was used along time ago

I noticed the firmware that was in the picture you posted where did you get v1.32.91 that's newer then anything that's posted on stations drivers I think.
I'm unsure if it's Graphene or not, that's what it said in the manual but it could be wrong or a translation error for all I know.

v1.32.91 came pre-installed on the device, and is newer than anything posted here yes.

---
PC Config: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 (rev. 1.1), 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Samsung 980 1TB, HGST 4TB x3.

Last Edit:il y a 1 mois 2 semaines par JustATester
Dernière édition: il y a 1 mois 2 semaines par JustATester.

Posted il y a 2 semaines 4 jours #2692
I have ordered this Jeyi enclosure and it use's an RTL9220 controller and I couldn't find the configure file for it anywhere online,I have read how to do it before and it has been awhile and I just thought I would ask here for a refresher on how to do it because I have also never created a configure file as I have never had the need to.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006754982743...ller%7Cquery_from%3A  

I know that you first need to click the Dump button to view the Dump file's file information,and then copy and paste the information there onto a notepad file and name for example JeyiRGB.cfg and then save it.

What I was wondering is do I need to delete this part of the Dump Files information before saving it.

Device : [Port3] : Realtek RTL9210B #0

I also noticed when I looked at all my other Dump Files that I have collected for RTL9210 and I assume it will be the same for the RTL9220 all the configure files start with,I assume I need to add the 2 lines below to the file that I save.

;Configure Start
;=================FW Configure=================
par Laroldski

Temps de génération de la page : 0.832 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena