ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Replied by wade7575 on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #999

You may want to look at getting a new enclosure and just cutting your loss's with this one. wrote: Thanks for your kind suggestions.

IIRC, I read about that "shorting pins" method to flash bricked devices some time ago. Fortunately, as I explained in my message, my unit was only semi-bricked, and I could flash another version without issue. Maybe I should tinker more with my device, to see if that error when flashing the latest firmware was only a glitch or it's some compatibility issue that just made the flashing process impossible.

I use a quality aftermarket cable from Anker. And previously I had flashed my unit several times, always without issue. So I tend to think the cable is not to blame here.

Best wishes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
    Administrateur

Replied by admin on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #1000
Me on my side, I never had problems with 5 different boxes with the RTL9210
The problem can also come from elsewhere

Configuration
Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

by admin

Replied by ethereal on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #1010
wade7575, as I've explained, my enclosure is working fine. I only had an issue trying to flash a specific firmware version (the latest available so far). Flashing an older version went fine and my unit was working without issues again.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion.
Last Edit:11 months 3 weeks ago by ethereal
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by ethereal.

Replied by ethereal on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #1011

Me on my side, I never had problems with 5 different boxes with the RTL9210
The problem can also come from elsewhere

If I understand you correctly, you have flashed successfully version V1.31.17 on all those 5 without any issue?

Replied by wade7575 on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #1014

wade7575, as I've explained, my enclosure is working fine. I only had an issue trying to flash a specific firmware version (the latest available so far). Flashing an older version went fine and my unit was working without issues again.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

I missed where you said it is working fine,did you use the right configure file for your enclosure.

Time to create page: 1.060 seconds