ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Away Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
    Administrateur

Replied by admin on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 1 year 1 week ago #883
Thank you for sharing, it may help someone. 

Configuration
Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

by admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ethereal on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #950

@xz Thank you maybe you can ask Support why an old GD firmware was used
I have updadet Orico with UTGDFW_B_v1.29.21.030422 and Orico Config
last Nubmers v1.29.21.(030422 = Month Day Year = 04.03.2022)

Thanks for your nice table of firmware versions. Thanks also to xz for providing V1. 31. 17, the latest version available so far.

I've tried to flash V1. 31. 17 on a Sabrent EC-SNVE enclosure. For GD firmware, I chose the latest available (UTGDFW_B_v1.29.21.030422), the same as you. Unfortunately, the flash process failed (the MPTOOL reported an error). I thought that the enclosure had been bricked, but actually it was only on a semi-bricked state: it no longer worked but it was possible to flash another firmware. I chose v1.30.17 and voila, my Sabrent was working fine again.

I guess the so called GD (Golden) firmware is just a small piece of code for flashing the main firmware. It could also be the bootloader than loads the main code. When my Sabrent was semi-bricked, I could no longer see "Sabrent" as USB vendor and the MPTOOL no longer reported any firmware version on the device. But the GD firmware was still working fine, so I could flash the device.

Replied by sdefrwggerg on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #971
Can´t confirm that everything works fine

It bypass Realtek Chip and load the stock Rom Firmware
Last Edit:11 months 3 weeks ago by sdefrwggerg
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by sdefrwggerg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ethereal

Replied by sdefrwggerg on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #986
Enclosures cam with cheap poor quality bundled cables maybe thats your Problem

Last Edit:11 months 3 weeks ago by sdefrwggerg
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by sdefrwggerg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin, ethereal, blackbile

Replied by ethereal on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 11 months 3 weeks ago #992
Thanks for your kind suggestions.

IIRC, I read about that "shorting pins" method to flash bricked devices some time ago. Fortunately, as I explained in my message, my unit was only semi-bricked, and I could flash another version without issue. Maybe I should tinker more with my device, to see if that error when flashing the latest firmware was only a glitch or it's some compatibility issue that just made the flashing process impossible.

I use a quality aftermarket cable from Anker. And previously I had flashed my unit several times, always without issue. So I tend to think the cable is not to blame here.

Best wishes.

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds