[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 85 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 ans 4 mois - il y a 2 ans 4 mois #1393 par JohnnyGui

Isn't there a UAD driver for this hardware-id somewhere (including the dependencies) without the need for any modding? (Apart from the one from my manufacturer's website).

JohnnyGui, use the 8614 UAD driver from Github that I suggested to Ataemonus. that one contains the needed HDX_GigabyteExt_RTK.inf file and does not require any mods. use that one if you do not like the 8586 UAD driver that Gigabyte posted for the Z370 HD3 board.

AND I am not getting any crashes with the Realtek Audio Console (I'm using v1.2.172.0) when playing test sounds with Speakers when I click on the Play button - works w/out problems. Granted, I am not using the latest Win10 version since I am using Win10 RS4 v1803.

problem may occur with Win10 v1809 with KB4489899 update installed (build 17763.379) but I will not test for it

Note to Ataemonus: I need the hardware device IDs for the Realtek audio devices in your ASUS B150 board and your HP laptop. Use this page on how to obtain the hardware IDs for Realtek High Definition Audio.

Thanks. I have 3 questions:

1. The .zip contains many folders, which one should I use for install?

2. Does this driver also contain the dependencies that appear in Device Manager? Because the last UAD that I downloaded from MUC did not contain these dependencies and hence I wasn't able to download the Realtek Audio Control afterwards.

3. Regarding the crash, it seems that clicking the right speaker plays the sound test normally, but when clicking the left speaker it makes the app crash. The play button itself makes the app crash aswell because it starts with testing the left speaker first.
Weirdly, my left speaker works fine hardware-wise. What causes this appcrash for the left speaker?
Dernière édition: il y a 2 ans 4 mois par JohnnyGui.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 ans 4 mois - il y a 2 ans 4 mois #1396 par erpster96

2. Does this driver also contain the dependencies that appear in Device Manager? Because the last UAD that I downloaded from MUC did not contain these dependencies and hence I wasn't able to download the Realtek Audio Control afterwards.

3. Regarding the crash, it seems that clicking the right speaker plays the sound test normally, but when clicking the left speaker it makes the app crash. The play button itself makes the app crash aswell because it starts with testing the left speaker first.
Weirdly, my left speaker works fine hardware-wise. What causes this appcrash for the left speaker?

aww nuts! I nearly forgot that the original 8614 UAD driver has that XSetup folder, which has the setup files in the wrong place.

use this repacked version of 8614 UAD that I made a few months ago. this "repacked" 8614 package has the files and folders in the proper places so that when the setup.exe program is executed, it will automatically detect the onboard Realtek audio device and install the proper drivers & software components.

before installing 8614 UAD, uninstall/remove any existing realtek audio driver first, reboot and then install v8614 of the UAD driver.

Note: I NEVER ever install UAD drivers thru Device Manager because that only does a "partial" install and not a complete install. I always install UAD drivers thru the drivers setup.exe program because that does a 100% complete install, including installing the HDX_GigabyteExt_RTK.inf file which cannot be installed thru Device Manager [extension INFs are not recognized by Device Manager, only pnputil.exe, Driverstore Explorer (rapr.exe) and the realtek setup program can install these extension INFs like HDX_GigabyteExt_RTK.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf - that's the big "gotcha" when attempting to install UAD drivers this way thru Device Manager]

and thirdly, whether I click on the left speaker or right speaker to do a sound test, the Realtek Audio Console UWP app works as expected without crashing. therefore I am not encountering the crashing problems that you are having.

also JohnnyGui, type winver.exe on the Run dialog box or on an administrative command prompt (cmd.exe) to display the Win10 version since you did not confirm what version of win10 you are running on your Gigabyte board.
Dernière édition: il y a 2 ans 4 mois par erpster96.
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: moszter

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 ans 4 mois - il y a 2 ans 4 mois #1399 par JohnnyGui

aww nuts! I nearly forgot that the original 8614 UAD driver has that XSetup folder, which has the setup files in the wrong place.

use this repacked version of 8614 UAD that I made a few months ago. this "repacked" 8614 package has the files and folders in the proper places so that when the setup.exe program is executed, it will automatically detect the onboard Realtek audio device and install the proper drivers & software components.

before installing 8614 UAD, uninstall/remove any existing realtek audio driver first, reboot and then install v8614 of the UAD driver.

Note: I NEVER ever install UAD drivers thru Device Manager because that only does a "partial" install and not a complete install. I always install UAD drivers thru the drivers setup.exe program because that does a 100% complete install, including installing the HDX_GigabyteExt_RTK.inf file which cannot be installed thru Device Manager [extension INFs are not recognized by Device Manager, only pnputil.exe, Driverstore Explorer (rapr.exe) and the realtek setup program can install these extension INFs like HDX_GigabyteExt_RTK.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf - that's the big "gotcha" when attempting to install UAD drivers this way thru Device Manager]

and thirdly, whether I click on the left speaker or right speaker to do a sound test, the Realtek Audio Console UWP app works as expected without crashing. therefore I am not encountering the crashing problems that you are having.

also JohnnyGui, type winver.exe on the Run dialog box or on an administrative command prompt (cmd.exe) to display the Win10 version since you did not confirm what version of win10 you are running on your Gigabyte board.

Thanks a lot for your reply, good thing I asked about the folders :lol: . I have version 17763.379. Btw, I've been told that my audio device is a generic FF00 without any integrations. I assume this repacked driver is also compatible with it?
Dernière édition: il y a 2 ans 4 mois par JohnnyGui.

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 ans 4 mois #1400 par F_TWICE
Hello to all
it's my first post here
my board (x99 asus) have a realtek daughter card (Realtek ALC1150)
i cant install any uad drivers up to 8485 release (it was already a non offical repacked version) because the card is not recognized/supported anymore by uad installer
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438699&REV_1000
i upgrade to 8625 through the device manager but i think that not the best way...
can someone help me to upgrade my drivers in classical uad installation mode please ?
thx a lot

ps : french is my foreign language

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 ans 4 mois - il y a 2 ans 4 mois #1404 par erpster96

Thanks a lot for your reply, good thing I asked about the folders :lol: . I have version 17763.379. Btw, I've been told that my audio device is a generic FF00 without any integrations. I assume this repacked driver is also compatible with it?

so far the repacked 8614 UAD should work. but remember when switching from using generic FF00 Realtek HDA drivers to UAD drivers (or vice versa like from UAD to FFxx HDA) you need to uninstall the current drivers first, restart the computer and then install the UAD drivers (or vice versa). never install UAD drivers on top of FF00 HDA drivers (or vice versa) as that will leave things in a very messy situation (and will be a little harder to clean up after that)

edit: here's a pic in Device Manager on how the Realtek UAD driver is fully completely installed - there is a Software Components section in Device Manager that lists the needed Realtek software components.

Note to F_TWICE: Uninstall/remove any of the realtek audio drivers first, reboot and try my repacked 8614 UAD driver because HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438699" is not listed nor supported in any official UAD driver; using any of the Realtek UAD drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog site like 8625 are not guaranteed to work with your ASUS X99 motherboard.

only new ASUS boards with Realtek audio chips + 7th gen/8th gen Intel CPUs or AMD Ryzen CPUs (B360, B450, Z370, Z390 etc.) can safely use newer UAD drivers
Pièces jointes :
Dernière édition: il y a 2 ans 4 mois par erpster96.
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: moszter, F_TWICE

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 ans 4 mois #1405 par JohnnyGui

so far the repacked 8614 UAD should work. but remember when switching from using generic FF00 Realtek HDA drivers to UAD drivers (or vice versa like from UAD to FFxx HDA) you need to uninstall the current drivers first, restart the computer and then install the UAD drivers (or vice versa). never install UAD drivers on top of FF00 HDA drivers (or vice versa) as that will leave things in a very messy situation (and will be a little harder to clean up after that)

edit: here's a pic in Device Manager on how the Realtek UAD driver is fully completely installed - there is a Software Components section in Device Manager that lists the needed Realtek software components.

Note to F_TWICE: Uninstall/remove any of the realtek audio drivers first, reboot and try my repacked 8614 UAD driver because HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438699" is not listed nor supported in any official UAD driver; using any of the Realtek UAD drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog site like 8625 are not guaranteed to work with your ASUS X99 motherboard.

only new ASUS boards with Realtek audio chips + 7th gen/8th gen Intel CPUs or AMD Ryzen CPUs (B360, B450, Z370, Z390 etc.) can safely use newer UAD drivers

I did this exact method and I now have the same appearance in Device Manager. Thank you so much for your help.

PS: Someone else was able to reproduce the crash in 1809 by clicking the Play test button in Realtek App Control app. Hopefully someone would recognize this.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.320 secondes