[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 210 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
1 year 4 months ago #3358 by MrPepka
I have checked and hdxrt.inf is being used. So is it a UAD or HDA driver?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #3360 by SM-003

HDA

More
1 year 4 months ago #3361 by SM-003

Will there be any (compatibility or other) issue if I install this non (FF00) generic driver in my systems having various different Realtek Audio codec (H/W)?

I generally prefer to use the FF00 Generic driver as I've multiple systems having different Realtek audio codec & H/w IDs.

I see no issues/problems using 8934 FF04 on there - this guy from seven forums installed the generic 8934 HDA FF04 driver on his dell computers and seems to work.

edit - alternate link to generic 8934 FF04 HDA driver which is an FTP link (sometimes the FTP link works better than the HTTP link and sometimes vice-versa - depends on when or time of day this is downloaded)

sorry, HP has not made an FF00 version of 8934 HDA - only in either FF01 or FF04 variety.
maybe I'll ask them later this June - I don't know if Lenovo or any other OEM will have a newer generic FF00 at this point since they are seldomly produced

Okay, I installed it too without any issue, seems working here in different systems, keep us posted for the new generic ff00 driver here. I hope something new will come soon.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3362 by erpster96

definitely an HDA (non-UAD / non-DCH) driver

Realtek UAD drivers do NOT come with the Realtek HD Audio Manager app and instead they use the separate Realtek Audio Console UWP app downloaded from the Microsoft store.

HDA - standard driver
UAD - DCH driver
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by erpster96.

More
1 year 4 months ago #3363 by MrPepka
And how to check if it is an FF00 or other type driver? This is checked in the .inf file, do you have to check it somehow?

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3364 by erpster96

And how to check if it is an FF00 or other type driver? This is checked in the .inf file, do you have to check it somehow?

Open the hdxrt.inf file in either Notepad or Wordpad and look at the "EffectComponents" entry [use Ctrl + F to find the EffectComponents section]

example is like this in the inf file (it says "FF00"):
[IntcAzAudModelAddReg]
HKR,Settings,EffectComponents,0x00010001,0xFF00

you can also search for "EffectComponents" in the windows registry from RegEdit but that only works after the Realtek HDA driver is already installed.

btw, I recently ran the Drivermax tool on my HP pavilion desktop computer and it is offering v6.0.8940.1 instead of v6.0.8934.1.
the HP computer uses a Realtek ALC888S audio chip with a Realtek HDA driver installed with HDXCPCOld.inf instead of HDXRT.inf. I let Drivermax download the 8940 driver but I click Cancel afterwards to prevent installing it.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by erpster96.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds