pci NVIDIA GeForce Insider Preview Driver v550.09 WHQL

Replied by contra on topic NVIDIA GeForce Insider Preview Driver v550.09 WHQL

Posted 7 months 1 week ago #1658
I think most people don't need the executable setup, just give the original cab driver package, which may be more popular
by contra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by SM-003 on topic NVIDIA GeForce Insider Preview Driver v550.09 WHQL

Posted 7 months 1 week ago #1659

This driver has issues, after installing it, the video playback in the browser (YouTube) become reddish & all the colours are messed up. 

What OS are you using?
I am using the latest Insider Preview build 25951 and I didn't notice any anomalies.
Has anyone managed to install this driver on Windows 10? (I ask out of curiosity).
W11 Pro 22H2 22621.2283 Retail x64
by SM-003

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Offline
  • Super Utilisateur
  • Super Utilisateur
    Enregistré

Replied by Tom on topic NVIDIA GeForce Insider Preview Driver v550.09 WHQL

Posted 7 months 1 week ago #1660

Are you serious?
I copied the entire directory from Windows Update and created the SFX installer using WinRAR...
I'll say it again, the result for this file from VirusTotal is 0/90 (I don't know what crappy antivirus you're using).

I wouldn't call Bitdefender a crappy antivirus. The problem is, the package you created is not digitally signed like from NVIDIA. So Bitdefender classifies it as Generic Variant.

What OS are you using?
I am using the latest Insider Preview build 25951 and I didn't notice any anomalies.
Has anyone managed to install this driver on Windows 10? (I ask out of curiosity).

The driver is limited to only a few models and misses a lot of the additional configurations which you won't find in the directory. So the outcome is expected.

I think most people don't need the executable setup, just give the original cab driver package, which may be more popular
A cab-file may not exist, these drivers are normally downloaded in the background.
However, the executable just creates a new directory under "C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\550.09\Win11_Win10-DCH_64\International" and adds a shortcut to this new folder.
So 10 points for doing the work, but deduct a few because it is not really an installer.

Cheers
Tom
Last Edit:7 months 1 week ago by Tom
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Tom.

Replied by FirstEver on topic NVIDIA GeForce Insider Preview Driver v550.09 WHQL

Posted 7 months 1 week ago #1671

So 10 points for doing the work, but deduct a few because it is not really an installer.

Cheers
Tom

How do you define an installer, an executable file that has a certificate from the manufacturer?
Each *.exe file from NVIDIA and other manufacturers is simply a self-extracting archive that is unpacked into a dedicated or temporary directory, and from there another *.exe file (real installer) is launched.

Were only official files from the original installer used?
A: Yes.

Is it an official installer?
A: Technically "yes", because it runs the official installer file after unpacking, Practically "no", because SFX file was not created and signed by the manufacturer.
My SFX runs official setup.exe installer file after unpacking the archive - the same like SFX from NVIDIA. The installer file is official and signed by NVIDIA and Microsoft.

END
Last Edit:7 months 1 week ago by FirstEver
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by FirstEver.

Time to create page: 0.883 seconds