disk Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST-VMD) Version 20.0.0.1037 WHQL (Complete))

Yes it's true. Version 20.x series only work from intel 12th to core ultra series. Not with 11th.

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

As we're discussing on CPU gen & their RST version,
can anyone explicitly mention a chart where it is clearly mentioned the Intel CPU gen & their recommended version of RST/VMD driver

i.e.
6th-9th Gen: v17xx
11th Gen: v19x
12th Gen+: v20x
Last Edit:3 weeks 5 days ago by SM-003
Last edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by SM-003.

<11th: its not matter because every window iso can install well without add any irst driver.
ver 18.x: work well with 11th. Not work from intel 12th to core ultra system.
ver 19.2.x: work well with 11th to 12th. Not work in 13th, 14th and core ultra system
ver 19.5.x: work well from 11th to 13th and some normal intel 14th like i7 14650hx, not work win intel core ultra system.
ver 20.x: work well from 12th to core ultra system. Not work with 11th intel system
​​​​
The following user(s) said Thank You: duttyend

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Offline
  • Super Utilisateur
  • Super Utilisateur
    Enregistré

As we're discussing on CPU gen & their RST version,
can anyone explicitly mention a chart where it is clearly mentioned the Intel CPU gen & their recommended version of RST/VMD driver

i.e.
6th-9th Gen: v17xx
11th Gen: v19x
12th Gen+: v20x

Have you seen this topic: winraid.level1techs.com/t/which-are-the-...i-raid-drivers/27179 .
Not sure whether there is an updated version available.

Cheers
Tom
by Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: duttyend

Have you seen this topic: winraid.level1techs.com/t/which-are-the-...i-raid-drivers/27179 .
Not sure whether there is an updated version available.

Hello Tom,
the linked thread has been started by me in May 2013 and is not really up-to-date now.

@SM-003
After having read the start post of the linked thread, you will realize, that the latest compatible Intel RST/RSTe drivers are not always the best for a specific system. On the other hand some (modded) Intel RST/RSTe drivers, which belong to a higher platform version, may run fine, although the DeviceID of the on-board Intel AHCI or RAID Controller is natively not supported.
My suggestion: Interested users of an Intel chipset system should test some different Intel RST/RSTe driver versions and find out themselves, which one is the best for their system. There is no risk to do it, if you have set a "Restore Pont" before starting the tests and only replace the in-use AHCI/RAID driver (a storage driver should never be manually deleted/removed!). 
By the way - the Intel RST/RSTe drivers are storage drivers and their choice have more to do with the mainboard's chipset than with its in-use CPU Generation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom, duttyend

Time to create page: 0.762 seconds