[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 30 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #402 by erpster96

Don't use Realtek Audio Control/HP Audio Control 1.2.138.0 - 1.2.139.0
The App show your machine is not suppported even I have installed newer UAD.
Realtek Audio Control & HP Audio Control 1.2.140.0 work fine on new UAD which include HDXRTBase.inf

Realtek Audio Control & HP Audio Control 1.2.140.0
github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal...river/tree/1.2.140.0

I seem to get the "not supported" error message using Realtek Audio Control 1.2.139.0 only on the Gigabyte board using ALC892 audio with HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" with an 8539 UAD beta gigabyte oem driver that I found {i will not mention where}. However, v1.2.139.0 of Realtek Audio Control works on my HP computer and on an ASUS motherboard with the 8536 UAD drivers. later on I'll update the Realtek Audio Control UWP app to 1.2.140.0 on all these computers.

v6.0.1.8536 MS Update (posted recently by microsoft)
www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8536

I Installed the driver 8536_FF03_PG468_Win10_RS1_RS2_RS3_RS4_Win7_WHQL with Sonic Studio III in my Asus Z370-F but the RtkNGUI64 not working. some solution?

ToonNunes, try the previous versions - 8531 FF03 and 8522 FF03 and see if the RtkNGUI64.exe will run with these versions
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by erpster96.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToonNunes

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #403 by ToonNunes

ToonNunes, try the previous versions - 8531 FF03 and 8522 FF03 and see if the RtkNGUI64.exe will run with these versions

Installed this version but the problem persists. I'm using Windows 10 Build 1803. :(

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #404 by erpster96

Installed this version but the problem persists. I'm using Windows 10 Build 1803. :(

discontinue using any generic HDA FFxx drivers (meaning uninstall existing HDA driver and switch to using Realtek UAD drivers). ASUS published an 8480 UAD driver for the Z370-F board for Win10 v1803 (RS4). install Sonic Studio 3 UWP app from MS store

FFxx drivers are best suited for older Win10 versions before RS4

After all of this introductory text... these are some things I wonder:
- Is UAD the future? I mean, is HDA being phased out so I should stick to UAD? I'm still seeing newer versions of the HDA drivers being posted here though. Is there any benefit in UAD?
- Should I not use any special driver at all? I mean, inbox drivers of Windows 10 seem to work, there's sound and all (no equ though).
- The difference between the FFxx drivers is just the equalizer they are bundled with? I've seen at least one of my HIDs listed in several ones.

KaoDome, answer to one of these questions is no - HDA is not being phased out as Realtek is still making both HDA and UAD drivers.
As to using "special" drivers, then yes use only the Realtek drivers provided by DELL and not the FFxx HDA drivers nor UAD drivers outside of Dell to have all the audio options available for your Dell Inspiron laptops.

there was also an 6.0.1.8475 HDA driver from Dell listed for the XPS 9360 that may also work for your Inspiron 5570 laptop (but not for the 5568). HwID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280810" is listed in Dell's customized 8475 HDA driver bundling the HDXMA7.inf & HDXSSMA7.inf files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToonNunes

More
2 years 9 months ago #405 by ToonNunes

discontinue using any generic HDA FFxx drivers (meaning uninstall existing HDA driver and switch to using Realtek UAD drivers). ASUS published an 8480 UAD driver for the Z370-F board for Win10 v1803 (RS4). install Sonic Studio 3 UWP app from MS store

FFxx drivers are best suited for older Win10 versions before RS4

I just did a clean install of the windows of the new build that will come out (1809). I installed the HDA from the Asus site (before the same driver did not work in 1803) and it worked perfectly. I am opting for these HDA drivers, as the new ones from ASUS are bugged and making a "comeback" in the audio I listen to, especially in games. Many thanks for your support!
The HDA and UAD drivers have very big differences?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sando

More
2 years 9 months ago #412 by ex58
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter, sando

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #413 by erpster96

Thanks for answering ex58 and erpster96, i have dtsu files 8412 and 8483, i dont remember where i get them exactly, but i think get them from some ftp (i lost login and password). i use files dtsu 8483 for 8531, just copy this 3 files in x:\windows\system32 and in command line regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\DTSU2PGFX64.dll
regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\DTSU2PLFX64.dll
regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\DTSU2PREC64.dll
and then dts ultrapc2 effects works.
I just thought that somewhere new drivers with dts, if there are 8412 and 8483.
Anyway, thanks again.

lap99, I found those missing DTSU2P files packaged in the 8412 WHQL test driver CAB packs from Microsoft which were 192Mb in size; even though they are no longer listed in any MS Update Catalog searches they're still available { 8412 cab1 } { 8412 cab2 } - these cab files only include the HDXRT.inf file but only installs the driver files onto the ALC292 audio chip with a specific hwid.

Edit : Soooo ... It was all my fault !!! I'm keeping my post above, but it all actually changed. While I was writing it, I actually realized that probably I'm using an installation batch file that is not written specific for my system needs ! It was the same file I used with 8501, but for some reason it was not working any more. I might broke it at some point or something changed with the inf files, I don't know.
So, reviewed all inf files that were installed by the batch and checked against my hardware ID ... and there it is the light bulb moment - the batch was installing HDXRT, HDXASUS and HDX_AsusExt_RTK inf files, but not the HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf, where the aforementioned generic ...0668 hardware ID is listed. I added it and voila - UWP app running in all it's greatness ! Problem solved ! Thanks @erpster96 and sorry for wasting your precious time.

perhaps this is another reason that inspired me to "repack" the 8522 UAD All OEM driver , which I should have done weeks ago but was pre-occupied in repairing a relative's desktop PC that had a broken hard drive and had to be replaced. Using that batch file was a bad idea from the start and needed to be edited each time a new UAD driver version comes out. the repacked 8522 UAD All OEM driver has the setup files and INF files and their folders re-arranged into the proper places so that the setup program will automatically detect & install the proper files.

the only hardware ID beginning with DEV_0668 listed in HDXASUS.inf file of UAD driver was "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_10431CED" - and is also listed in the extension INF file HDX_AsusExt_AVO_RTK.inf; only that one is qualified to use ASUS OEM based Realtek UAD drivers. Otherwise use only UAD drivers that include the HDXRT.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf files.

I just did a clean install of the windows of the new build that will come out (1809). I installed the HDA from the Asus site (before the same driver did not work in 1803) and it worked perfectly. I am opting for these HDA drivers, as the new ones from ASUS are bugged and making a "comeback" in the audio I listen to, especially in games. Many thanks for your support!
The HDA and UAD drivers have very big differences?

I think there were some bugs in some of the updates for Win10 v1803 like KB4457128 & KB4464218 that may have caused the Realtek drivers to not work correctly, ToonNunes [believe me, the v1803/RS4 release has not been one of the best releases of Win10 due to many problems/issues found when it was first released on April 30/May 1, 2018]. Manually downloading and installing the KB4458469 cumulative update (Windows Update has temporarily stopped offering this new update as of 9/21/2018) could resolve these problems.

also (this is just a thought), if you had installed a Realtek 6.0.1.8459 FF03 HDA driver on that ASUS Z370 gaming board a few months ago, it may have also installed an rtkhdaud.dat configuration file onto the \Windows\System32\Drivers\ folder, which may also have caused the Realtek audio control panel to stop working on certain ASUS gaming boards. this rtkhdaud.dat config file was bundled only with the 8459 FF03 driver pack (stored in the Config folder in the zip package). Check the \Windows\System32\Drivers\ folder if this rtkhdaud.dat file exists and delete it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter, sando, joro_abv, ToonNunes

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds