Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 17.x & 18.x - Page 8 - STATION-DRIVERS

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 17.x & 18.x

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Utilisateur
  • Fdrsoft
More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #4709 by admin

- ASUS Z490 ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA -INTEL I7 10700K 16Go Corsair RVB,
- SAMSUNG SSD970, SSD960/860/850 - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX960 -
- CREATIVE SB X-Fi TITANIUM - STEELSERIE APEX7 RVB - STEELSERIE RIVEL 600 RGB -
- TOUR GAMDIAS RGB - TAPIS CORSAIR RGB - Free Fibre 2.5Gbs (Cat 7&8)
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zardoc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #4710 by Zardoc
HI FDR,

So basically theses drivers can run a Samsung NVME drive instead of the Samsung native drivers?

I think that you can only use these on VMD supported 11th gen processors? Like the new Samsung laptops ?

Not sure.

Je crois que je suis tellement intelligent, que je suis assez stupide pour le croire 1268
SPECS DE MES ORDIS
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Zardoc.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #4731 by Shonk
If you actually downloaded it you would see there's a non vmd version in there also
so can be used just fine i have been using it on my Z390 since it was released

Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Shonk.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #4734 by Fernando

So basically theses drivers can run a Samsung NVME drive instead of the Samsung native drivers?

Yes, but you have to 
a) install the driver manually and
b) force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button and navigating to the iaStorAC.inf file.

As you can see within the below picture, the Intel RST driverpacks v18.31.x.xxxx do contain a generic NVMe driver, which according to my tests definitively supports all Samsung NVMe Controllers (among others). Nevertheless the installation has to be forced if used with a non-Intel NVMe Controller, because Intel has written its VendorID VEN_8086 into the related INF file.

MB: ASRock X570 Pro4, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, System Drive: 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX570, OS: Win10 x64 Pro
Attachments:

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #4738 by Zardoc

My new question, is it worth worth it.Fernando" post=4734

Yes, but you have to 
a) install the driver manually and
b) force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button and navigating to the iaStorAC.inf file.

As you can see within the below picture, the Intel RST driverpacks v18.31.x.xxxx do contain a generic NVMe driver, which according to my tests definitively supports all Samsung NVMe Controllers (among others). Nevertheless the installation has to be forced if used with a non-Intel NVMe Controller, because Intel has written its VendorID VEN_8086 into the related INF file.

Thanks for the explenation Fernando. My other question, are they worth dumping Sumsung native drivers. Would have to bench test.

Je crois que je suis tellement intelligent, que je suis assez stupide pour le croire 1268
SPECS DE MES ORDIS
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Zardoc.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #4741 by Fernando

My other question, are they worth dumping Sumsung native drivers.

No, according to my own benchmark tests the Samsung NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003 is currently the best for Samsung SSDs resp. their NVMe Controller.

MB: ASRock X570 Pro4, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, System Drive: 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX570, OS: Win10 x64 Pro

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds