Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 146 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2354 by SevenOptimus

Emopunk wrote: I just wanted to let you know that your package indeed installs on my computer; but I am missing the Realtek HD Audio management in system tray. I have it when I use 8791 HDA from this site.

That's because the package is a UAD (Universal Audio Driver), which falls under the category of DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware) drivers. Basically, it's a new type of driver for Windows that Microsoft are encouraging hardware manufacturers to use, and part of the requirements to use it is that each component of the driver should be separate. Therefore, any management program included with the driver should be a separate Microsoft Store app. So, you can get that app, which is called Realtek Audio Control, from www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-...=pivot%3aoverviewtab .

On the other hand, the HDA (High Definition Audio) driver is an old-style driver (not DCH), so Realtek are able to include the management app directly in the driver package. If you are using Windows 10 Version 1809 or later, it is recommended to use DCH drivers for your hardware (e.g. the Realtek UAD driver) if they are available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter, Emopunk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2355 by Emopunk

SevenOptimus wrote:

Emopunk wrote: I just wanted to let you know that your package indeed installs on my computer; but I am missing the Realtek HD Audio management in system tray. I have it when I use 8791 HDA from this site.

That's because the package is a UAD (Universal Audio Driver), which falls under the category of DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware) drivers. Basically, it's a new type of driver for Windows that Microsoft are encouraging hardware manufacturers to use, and part of the requirements to use it is that each component of the driver should be separate. Therefore, any management program included with the driver should be a separate Microsoft Store app. So, you can get that app, which is called Realtek Audio Control, from www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-...=pivot%3aoverviewtab .

On the other hand, the HDA (High Definition Audio) driver is an old-style driver (not DCH), so Realtek are able to include the management app directly in the driver package. If you are using Windows 10 Version 1809 or later, it is recommended to use DCH drivers for your hardware (e.g. the Realtek UAD driver) if they are available.

Thanks for the explanation. I am learning a lot about these drivers from you people. But I wonder I was I supposed to find the instructions to repack the drivers like Erpster did for me. It's quite difficult the way it is without asking for help here on the forum!

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2356 by xal
Hi Everybody, any new about new HDA Drivers?

More
7 months 1 week ago #2357 by SevenOptimus

Emopunk wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I am learning a lot about these drivers from you people. But I wonder I was I supposed to find the instructions to repack the drivers like Erpster did for me. It's quite difficult the way it is without asking for help here on the forum!

It looks like he got the .inf and .sys files for the driver from within the ZIP file, in the folder Realtek\Codec_8810.1, then created a new folder called WIN64 (i.e. Windows 64-bit) in the same folder as Setup.exe, and put the .inf and .sys files into that WIN64 folder. With most Realtek drivers that I've downloaded from the Github page, the WIN64 folder was already present, so I couldn't tell you precisely why the ZIP file for ASUS was differently structured.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emopunk

More
7 months 1 week ago #2358 by pal1000

SevenOptimus wrote:

Emopunk wrote:

It looks like he got the .inf and .sys files for the driver from within the ZIP file, in the folder Realtek\Codec_8810.1, then created a new folder called WIN64 (i.e. Windows 64-bit) in the same folder as Setup.exe, and put the .inf and .sys files into that WIN64 folder. With most Realtek drivers that I've downloaded from the Github page, the WIN64 folder was already present, so I couldn't tell you precisely why the ZIP file for ASUS was differently structured.

There is an utility called Realtek INF Editor that converts the package in the usual form. But manual conversion is very easy. Create a folder named Win64 and move Realtek folder in XSetup\Win64.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emopunk

More
7 months 1 week ago #2359 by pal1000
Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.8815.1
The official installer is included. If you prefer it over my custom made open-source installer, move Win64 folder inside Official-Setup folder and run setup.exe as admin from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, moszter, DooGie, IntelliMoo, Vonray1911

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds