Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 69 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #997 by erpster96

lolo wrote: Hello,

I have just test the last drivers you post but no luck.
My two devices are still not recognized.

Any idea?

lolo

try this v6.0.1.8467 driver from Acer ( download link ), though it was made for an Acer Nitro NP515-51 computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter, lolo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #998 by erpster96

Dynastar wrote:

ammarali047 wrote: Hello Everyone. I have this laptop right here. support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04568623
It has the realtek alc290 soundcard in it i think. This laptop came with the beats audio integration and ever since i have had it i have very rarely got good drivers for it. The official driver page of HP only lists the 2015 version of the driver which is really bad sounding. I have always downloaded the latest drivers from here but they have never been really much satisfying. Maybe because i don't know which drivers to download. The terms FF00,FF04,FF0C,FMAPO,DTS/SST are really confusing and have always download the generic drivers (FF00 i think). So Can anyone link me the best driver for this soundcard and this laptop. And what does these terms FF00 mean?

Hi dude
Are you still on Windows 8.1 or now, on Windows 10 ?
32 or 64 bits ?
Normally, you should use FF04 driver package for your HP notebook for keeping your original Beats audio that has already been used with IDT driver package by the past also. (on older HP Notebook products...)
But yours, is with Realtek audio for sure.
If you want more information, erpster96 will be probably the best person for explain you that.
By the way, your model can use latest bios as patched for Meltdown/Spectre security issues CVS 1,2 and 3 for your specific cpu that might be particularly interesting if you run on Win 10 only.
Check it out right there :
support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice...527530/model/7597996
Regards

well Dynastar, ammarali047's HP laptop model does use Realtek HD audio with Beats audio and a certain registry entry makes the Realtek HDA Control Panel display the "Beats Audio" interface.

In some of the INF files (like HDXHPNBOld.INF), this section mentions the following:

[AZAUD_OEM_HP2014_cNB.AddReg]
HKR,GlobalSettings,HpShutsOffRearSpeaker,1,00,00,00,00 ; Headphone does not mute rear speakers
HKR,GlobalSettings,HpMode,1,01,00,00,00 ; Headphone is slaved to rear panel front channels
HKR,GlobalSettings,SpdifOutputEchosRearRenderWhenNoAc3,1,01,00,00,00 ; Slaves rear panel front channels to SPDIF
HKR,GlobalSettings,CenterLfeSwap,1,00,00,00,00 ; No Swap
HKR,Settings,HP_NB_Model,0x00010001,1
HKR,Settings,COINSTALLER_NEED_ADD_CPL_RUNKEY,0x00010001,1
HKR,Settings,HP_Models,0x00010001,8

but the "AZAUD_OEM.AddReg" section mentions this above it:
[AZAUD_OEM.AddReg]
HKR,GlobalSettings,HpShutsOffRearSpeaker,1,00,00,00,00 ; Headphone does not mute rear speakers
HKR,GlobalSettings,HpMode,1,01,00,00,00 ; Headphone is slaved to rear panel front channels
HKR,GlobalSettings,SpdifOutputEchosRearRenderWhenNoAc3,1,01,00,00,00 ; Slaves rear panel front channels to SPDIF
HKR,GlobalSettings,CenterLfeSwap,1,00,00,00,00 ; No Swap
HKR,Settings,HP_NB_Model,0x00010001,1
HKR,Settings,COINSTALLER_NEED_ADD_CPL_RUNKEY,0x00010001,1

I did an experiment on my HP desktop computer with a Realtek audio device, run Registry Editor and added the "HP_Models" registry entry after installing the Realtek audio driver and set HP_Models with a DWORD entry of "8" and rebooted and got this kind of Realtek control panel w/ audio driver v6.0.1.8603 showing Beats audio logo instead of the "classic" Realtek control panel:

and if I change the HP_Models value to "7" & reboot, I would get a "DTS Sound" control panel.

So it looks like the "HP_Models" registry entry seems to make the Realtek audio driver display different Realtek control panel interfaces but only on HP/Compaq computers.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by erpster96.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #1009 by Krustylicious
Hi, its my first post, and i have a Q;

I have a a gigabyte x470 gaming 7; this has the alc 1220-vb along with the ess sabre headphone dac. I'm currently stuck on 8475 uad drivers.

What is the latest drivers i can use?

Also is there a way to install the latest realtek drivers but keeping the sabre custom stuff?

Hi and thank you

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #1010 by ex58

Krustylicious wrote: Hi, its my first post, and i have a Q;

I have a a gigabyte x470 gaming 7; this has the alc 1220-vb along with the ess sabre headphone dac. I'm currently stuck on 8475 uad drivers.

What is the latest drivers i can use?

Also is there a way to install the latest realtek drivers but keeping the sabre custom stuff?

Hi and thank you

Try 8597_UAD_Gigabyte
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #1011 by Overvibe

Overvibe wrote: Hi. I have this board ( www.asus.com/br/Motherboards/Z87PRO/specifications/ ) and I usually update the onboard driver (realtek) here ( www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option...1&Itemid=169&lang=en ). But now I got the Dolby Atmos system from the microsoft store. So I would like to know which driver version I should install now. The one I used I think was generic, but now, with Dolby Atmos, can I use some of these other versions with more advanced features?

Please, someone who can help me? They answered later messages, why not mine?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #1012 by lolo

erpster96 wrote:

lolo wrote: Hello,

I have just test the last drivers you post but no luck.
My two devices are still not recognized.

Any idea?

lolo

try this v6.0.1.8467 driver from Acer ( download link ), though it was made for an Acer Nitro NP515-51 computer.

Hi erpster96,

I have downloaded and install the drivers you told me and it has worked.
Windows 10 has installed the version 6.0.1.8555 again over these drivers but the two devices which were in error before are now ok.

But, after several hours, Windows Update has download two Intel Driver:
- Intel Corporation - System - 7/5/2018 - 9.21.0.3690
- Intel Corporation - System - 7/17/2018 - 9.21.0.3690.2

Now have one device which is not detected: Digital Microphone Device

I have try to update driver from the one you suggest me (via the Device manager and manual update) but Windows 10 tell me it is not able to find driver for my device.

Is it a Realtek or Intel drivers problem?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds