Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 239 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #4054 by erpster96

MrPepka wrote: erpster96 Do you have inf files from the driver 6.0.9030.1 for Gigabyte as I understand it? If so, could you please provide copies of them? Maybe I would try to help you somehow with these IDs

I kinda did but the Gigabyte INF files for 9030 do not seem to "pass whql" (always fails to install on my Gigabyte board, unless of course I disable DSE; DSE stands for driver signature enforcement)
Realtek added way too many new 1458nnnn IDs for 9030 in the hdxrt.cat & hdxrtext.cat signature files [about 40+ new "1458" subsystem IDs for 9030 - the difference between 9013/9018 and 9030 is HUGE for Gigabyte]. about a hundred attempts to make a proper HDXGigabyte.INF file for 9030 with no success. plus these new 1458 IDs are not always "grouped" together so it's very difficult to figure out which ones to separate with a "vertical space" or carriage return in between new IDs. sorry, MrPepka.

that's how I nearly got sick with a headache about a week ago that I almost had to take an aspirin pill to recover but I am feeling better (that's what happens when spending too much time on the computer and not taking breaks in between - get some eye strains or headaches - not good)

this is one of those few times that I have to admit defeat and will not proceed in making an unofficial 9030 uad gigabyte driver at this time - maybe I'll succeed...eventually -- but for now I will put this on hold almost indefinitely (or at least until there's a 9020 something driver from another OEM that I can use on an interim basis or when Microsoft releases Windows 10 20H2 to the public either in middle or late October 2020 - OR - if Gigabyte themselves release new Realtek audio drivers for new & upcoming Gigabyte systems with 11th gen Intel [aka. Tiger Lake] CPUs, like the ones recently mentioned here a few days ago )

anyway I am content & happy with using Shonk's 9018 uad gigabyte driver on my Gigabyte system and won't plan to update the drivers for a while.

---

moving on

Version 6.0.9008.1 UAD All OEM driver on MS Update Catalog (posted on 10/1/2020, I think):
http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9008.1
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by erpster96.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4071 by CryoEnd
Gigabyte just released 6‎.0.9034.1 drivers (dated 9/22) uses UI 1.17.231.0 it works fine on my gigabyte z170 motherboard
download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Driver/mb...ekdch_6.0.9034.1.zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, Shonk

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4075 by MrPepka
Weird. Drivers version 6.0.8924.1 are installed instead. Are the drivers with the forceupdater module or what is the matter?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4076 by MrPepka
And no, everything is OK, only the wrong version was displayed in the installer. Fortunately, the correct version 6.0.9034.1 is showing in Device Manager. Sorry to sound the alarm :blush:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4080 by pal1000
Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.9034.1
Due to Realtek not providing regular updates to HDXRTU.CAT, HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf, it wasn't possible to make a Realtek UAD Generic package for old systems that is 100% WHQL compliant. To workaround this setup installs latest generic WHQL compliant codec component (version 6.0.8924.1) with hardware support application, audio effects and service components taken from latest version and then a force updater is used to replace the old codec component (RTKVHD64.sys and RTAIODAT.DAT) with its latest version.

Due to absence of valid and updated copies of HDXRTU.CAT, HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf (or equivalents) new hardware IDs introduced since 6.0.8825.1 are at most partially supported and those introduced since 6.0.8925.1 are completely unsupported.

This release comes with an update for Realtek Audio UWP app. Open Windows Store and do a check for updates to get Realtek Audio Control 1.17.231.0 right away or wait for Windows store to pull it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, DooGie, IntelliMoo, Vonray1911

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #4083 by erpster96

CryoEnd wrote: Gigabyte just released 6‎.0.9034.1 drivers (dated 9/22) uses UI 1.17.231.0 it works fine on my gigabyte z170 motherboard
download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Driver/mb...ekdch_6.0.9034.1.zip

thanks CryoEnd.

Gigabyte also released a 6.0.9031.1 driver for GB-BSRE-1505 & GB-BSRE-1605 barebone systems though several days late in mentioning this as I was recovering from a headache several days ago & couldn't mentioned it sooner.

I posted this in another forum - a pic of a WinDiff file comparison between the 9018 & 9034 HDXGigabyte.INF files

I was not kidding, MrPepka - Realtek added THAT MANY new 1458xxxx subsystem IDs for the 9030 something UAD Gigabyte drivers like 9031 & 9034 (new IDs are highlighted in yellow) - about 44 new IDs total (only 43 highlighted are shown here)
the one new 1458xxxx ID not shown here is "1458FAD6" which was "sandwiched" in between 1458FAD1 and 1458FAD0.
that's why I couldn't make a 9030 uad gigabyte driver cuz of the addition of sooooo many new IDs - nevertheless there's no point for me to make one now that Gigabyte themselves have released new Realtek drivers on their web site.

edit - as an added bonus, using either 6.0.9031.1 or 6.0.9034.1 driver gave me back the "dark" colored version of Realtek Audio Console app with a Gigabyte logo on it instead of the normal light-themed Realtek Audio Console app
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by erpster96.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryoEnd

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds