Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 233 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 1 week ago #3885 by erpster96

boboman wrote: Please find a link for the x64 installer package of the 8978 FF00, with 4.76 installer:
www.mediafire.com/file/0mal076x0nfj94p/8...PG476_Win10_WHQL.rar

there's no need to repack the 8978 HDA FF00 driver with the PG 4.76 installer, boboman.
the 4.75 setup installer is the "correct" one for 8978 since v8978 HDA & UAD drivers were made in late June 2020.

the 4.76 installer was used only in Dell's v9008 UAD driver package and the 4.75 installer was used in older
UAD driver packs from Dell like v8996 & earlier .

edit 9/14 - plus this 4.76 setup installer is a Dell specific installer {hence it says "4.76 for DELL" during setup and that "label" cannot be removed nor modded w/out hacking the setup.exe installer or their script files}
again - no need to use it until there's a "generic" 4.76 installer without the "for Dell" label
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by erpster96.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melchior, akks1981, winPro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3898 by deeppurple
Hi. I have an Asus Crosshair V Formula - Z. The integrated audio card is a Supreme FX III, but I was never able to get its panel that Asus provides with SupremeFX to work. The name "Republic of Gamers - Supreme FX" does not appear in the audio control panel and neither is its color red. Only the name "Republic of Gamers - High Definition Audio" appears. I've tried different drivers but it never works. It seems that something is missing. Anyone know what can it be?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3899 by zh3rtwa
how do I teach realtec to play DTS? z390 aorus master. In the Windows 10 store has a DTS Sound Unbound , but it is worth the money )

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #3900 by erpster96

deeppurple wrote: Hi. I have an Asus Crosshair V Formula - Z. The integrated audio card is a Supreme FX III, but I was never able to get its panel that Asus provides with SupremeFX to work. The name "Republic of Gamers - Supreme FX" does not appear in the audio control panel and neither is its color red. Only the name "Republic of Gamers - High Definition Audio" appears. I've tried different drivers but it never works. It seems that something is missing. Anyone know what can it be?

ask this question in the ASUS ROG forums , deeppurple. maybe ask MoKiChU there on which type of Realtek HD Audio driver to use that provides the SupremeFX feature you want. the Crosshair V Formula-Z board is several years old, so you need the standard/legacy HDA FFxx (non-UAD) drivers.

zh3rtwa wrote: how do I teach realtec to play DTS? z390 aorus master. In the Windows 10 store has a DTS Sound Unbound , but it is worth the money )

I'm afraid that DTS is not supported on the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master board, zh3rtwa.
DTS is NOT listed in the technical specs for Z390 Aorus Master motherboard, so the DTS Sound Unbound app doesn't work for that board.

DTS Sound Unbound works with the newer Z490 boards (like Z490 Aorus Ultra and have some form of DTS listed in the boards' tech specs) as Gigabyte provided the necessary drivers for those but not for the Z390 series of boards.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by erpster96.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3907 by pal1000
Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.9013.1
Due to Realtek not providing regular updates to HDXRTU.CAT, HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf, it wasn't possible to make a Realtek UAD Generic package for old systems that is 100% WHQL compliant. To workaround this setup installs latest generic WHQL compliant codec component (version 6.0.8924.1) with hardware support application, audio effects and service components taken from latest version and then a force updater is used to replace the old codec component (RTKVHD64.sys and RTAIODAT.DAT) with its latest version.

Due to absence of valid and updated copies of HDXRTU.CAT, HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf (or equivalents) new hardware IDs introduced since 6.0.8825.1 are at most partially supported and those introduced since 6.0.8925.1 are completely unsupported.

This release comes with an update for Realtek Audio UWP app. Open Windows Store and do a check for updates to get Realtek Audio Control 1.16.228.0 right away or wait for Windows store to pull it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, DooGie, IntelliMoo, Ataemonus, Vonray1911

More
2 months 1 week ago #3908 by MrPepka
This is my question for you. What audio drivers do you recommend? Currently I use UAD drivers with Gigabyte brand version 6.0.9003.1 will UAD Generic drivers be better than those branded by Gigabyte or worse? Earlier, when I used the UAD Generic, the sound quality was worse in my opinion, now I have UAD drivers with the Gigabyte brand and the sound quality is the same as in the HDA drivers, although on these UAD I have 2 sound card driver panels (Realtek Audio Console and Realtek HD Audio Manager)

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds