Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 209 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #3309 by erpster96

Warkratos wrote: I have device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A0B3

Which driver I have to use? It's a Gigabyte with Creative mobo.

what kind of Gigabyte motherboard do you have, Warkratos?
It really depends on your audio needs.

If you really do not use the Creative audio enhancers like Creative X-FI MB5 or Sound Blaster Cinema, you could use the generic 6.0.8924.1 FF00 HDA drivers .

However, if you do depend on using Creative audio enhancer apps like X-FI MB5, the latest FF10 Creative based Realtek HDA driver is v6.0.8703.1 from mid-May 2019 as FF10 based drivers are no longer in production (it's a safe bet now that FF10 HDA drivers are discontinued due to complete lack of interest from manufacturers & board makers like Clevo & Gigabyte).

I no longer use FF10 Realtek HDA drivers on my relative's old Dell Inspiron 580 desktop PC anymore (and have also removed Creative apps like THX Trustudio PC Dell & X-FI MB2 from there) and are recently using generic 8924 FF00 HDA with the old Dolby Home Theater app
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by erpster96.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3315 by pal1000
Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.8959.1
Due to Realtek dropping HDXRT.inf and HDXRTSST.inf in 6.0.8905.1 and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf in 6.0.8825.1 respectively, it wasn't possible to make a Realtek UAD Generic package for old systems that is 100% WHQL compliant. To workaround this setup installs latest generic WHQL compliant codec component (version 6.0.8904.1) with hardware support application, audio effects and service components taken from latest version and then a force updater is used to replace the old codec component (RTKVHD64.sys and RTAIODAT.DAT) with its latest version and perform appropriate patching.

Due to absence of valid and updated copies of HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf (or equivalents), new hardware IDs introduced since 6.0.8825.1 are at most partially supported and those introduced since 6.0.8905.1 are completely unsupported.

This release comes with an update for Realtek Audio UWP app. Open Windows Store and do a check for updates to get Realtek Audio Control 1.12.219.0 right away or wait for Windows store to pull it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, DooGie, duttyend, IntelliMoo, Ataemonus, winPro

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #3336 by erpster96

SM-003 wrote:
Ok, June is not far, I'll check here for newer FF00 in a couple of weeks.

well SM-003 this came unexpectedly from Hewlett-Packard but a new generic 8934 HDA driver package is available from HP several hours ago on 5/29.

it's not an FF00 version but an FF04 version - sp103850 ( release notes )
{for a bunch of HP workstation PCs}

[IntcAzAudModelAddReg]
HKR,Settings,EffectComponents,0x00010001,0xFF04

and this new fully generic 8934 HDA pack has added new hardware device IDs in the generic hdart.inf, hdxrt.inf & hdxsst.inf files:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0897
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0897

8934 HDA is also a security bug fixed version that resolves a security vulnerability - 8934 will noted in the future in this HP security bulletin regarding Realtek audio drivers:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06622884

but it is noted in the release notes for the sp103850 package
ENHANCEMENTS:
- Enhances security
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by erpster96.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #3341 by SM-003

erpster96 wrote:

SM-003 wrote:
Ok, June is not far, I'll check here for newer FF00 in a couple of weeks.

well SM-003 this came unexpectedly from Hewlett-Packard but a new generic 8934 HDA driver package is available from HP several hours ago on 5/29.

it's not an FF00 version but an FF04 version - sp103850 ( release notes )
{for a bunch of HP workstation PCs}

[IntcAzAudModelAddReg]
HKR,Settings,EffectComponents,0x00010001,0xFF04

and this new fully generic 8934 HDA pack has added new hardware device IDs in the generic hdart.inf, hdxrt.inf & hdxsst.inf files:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0897
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0897

8934 HDA is also a security bug fixed version that resolves a security vulnerability - 8934 will noted in the future in this HP security bulletin regarding Realtek audio drivers:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06622884

but it is noted in the release notes for the sp103850 package
ENHANCEMENTS:
- Enhances security

Will there be any (compatibility or other) issue if I install this non (FF00) generic driver in my systems having various different Realtek Audio codec (H/W)?

I generally prefer to use the FF00 Generic driver as I've multiple systems having different Realtek audio codec & H/w IDs.
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by SM-003.

More
1 month 1 week ago #3350 by MrPepka
Has the 8934 FF00 driver just appeared? One of the programs that I use to update drivers (DriverMax) has found a driver update to Realtek HD Audio. When I installed this updated driver, the Realtek HD Audio Manager has restarted, and the driver has been installed without any obstacles and you can not see that it was a UAD driver

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #3356 by erpster96

SM-003 wrote:
Will there be any (compatibility or other) issue if I install this non (FF00) generic driver in my systems having various different Realtek Audio codec (H/W)?

I generally prefer to use the FF00 Generic driver as I've multiple systems having different Realtek audio codec & H/w IDs.

I see no issues/problems using 8934 FF04 on there - this guy from seven forums installed the generic 8934 HDA FF04 driver on his dell computers and seems to work.

edit - alternate link to generic 8934 FF04 HDA driver which is an FTP link (sometimes the FTP link works better than the HTTP link and sometimes vice-versa - depends on when or time of day this is downloaded)

sorry, HP has not made an FF00 version of 8934 HDA - only in either FF01 or FF04 variety.
maybe I'll ask them later this June - I don't know if Lenovo or any other OEM will have a newer generic FF00 at this point since they are seldomly produced

MrPepka wrote: Has the 8934 FF00 driver just appeared? One of the programs that I use to update drivers (DriverMax) has found a driver update to Realtek HD Audio. When I installed this updated driver, the Realtek HD Audio Manager has restarted, and the driver has been installed without any obstacles and you can not see that it was a UAD driver

I don't completely trust DriverMax as there's no way to tell if the Realtek audio driver you have is either UAD or HDA format. I never rely on 3rd party driver update tools.
FFxx drivers are always HDA (non-UAD)

edit2 - @MrPepka - Run Driverstore Explorer (rapr.exe) on your computer and check in the sound, video & game controllers section what INF file was used to install the Realtek audio driver
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by erpster96.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds