Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 203 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
7 months 3 days ago - 7 months 3 days ago #3136 by CharlieSIGMA
Hi.

I signed up to seek help. I just bought and built a computer with a Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard. (X570 Aorus Ultra).

It implements Realtek ALC1220-VB codec.

I read as much as I could from the thread before asking this question, so I really apologize if it has been asked already.

From reading and researching, I found that I shoult look for Realtek UAD drivers, and saw a lot of recomendations for many different versions, with the most prominent being v6.0.8918.1.

I tried finding a package that would work on my Machine, and was able to find a package from gigabyte themselves with version number v6.0.8918.1 (incorrectly named ZIP package though - driver versions are as stated). You can find it here: download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Driver/nb...audio-6.0.8890.1.zip

I also found v6.0.8923.1 for gigabyte here: mega.nz/file/MA91nLDA#f67WimyrAq7tDdirT8...05NzPuTxQrp_Orq48HiA

Both files were found here, with 8923 being added a few hours ago today (april 21st):
nahimic.helprace.com/i734-new-nahimic-3-audio-driver-update

Question is: both driver vesions, while install successfully and work as desired (with realtek audio console installing and working), audio playback from System Sounds is too low. All other audio playback settings work fine, which is weird. For instance: windows volume slider plays a very low sound when changing the volume. But if I open youtube or a game, sound plays fine.

Any tips?

Never mind, I found that it set the System Sounds volume in the mixer to a low value.

Now, the question would be: which driver should I keep? Should I follow everyone's perception and keep 8918 installed (i have it now)? Or should I upgrade to 8923?

Cheers and thanks for this thread, it is very very helpful!
Last edit: 7 months 3 days ago by CharlieSIGMA. Reason: Was dumb, found problem resolution on my own
The following user(s) said Thank You: duttyend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 days ago #3137 by diyer371
Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs UAD ver 6.0.8923.1 for HP ENVY x360 notebook:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp102001-102500/sp102207.exe

More
7 months 3 days ago #3138 by cyberpax
Hi there I need some help with ...
Update my Laptop Acer audio drivers...
Acer Aspire V3-575G-736G with Windows 10 Home x64 v10.0.18363
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AECxSBMtMF7ytGyM8

Great Pal1000 can you help in anyway? please!
from Pal1000 releases

which one is best for my system?
will Partial WHQL 6.0.8924.1 release from Pal1000 work for me?
How can i proper install it ?
Pal1000 refers to install the latest WHQL compliant codec (version 6.0.8904.1) before ?!
Please advise...

Best Regards
cyberpax(at)yahoo(dot)com
Attachments:

• pipes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 months 3 days ago #3139 by pipes
a cosa servono tutti sti aggiornamenti di driver se i dispositivi soo sempre gli stessi, le tecnologie nel driver sono le medisime? bohhh!!!

More
7 months 3 days ago - 7 months 3 days ago #3140 by erpster96

CharlieSIGMA wrote: Hi.

I signed up to seek help. I just bought and built a computer with a Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard. (X570 Aorus Ultra).

It implements Realtek ALC1220-VB codec.

I read as much as I could from the thread before asking this question, so I really apologize if it has been asked already.

From reading and researching, I found that I shoult look for Realtek UAD drivers, and saw a lot of recomendations for many different versions, with the most prominent being v6.0.8918.1.

I tried finding a package that would work on my Machine, and was able to find a package from gigabyte themselves with version number v6.0.8918.1 (incorrectly named ZIP package though - driver versions are as stated). You can find it here: download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Driver/nb...audio-6.0.8890.1.zip

I also found v6.0.8923.1 for gigabyte here: mega.nz/file/MA91nLDA#f67WimyrAq7tDdirT8...05NzPuTxQrp_Orq48HiA

Both files were found here, with 8923 being added a few hours ago today (april 21st):
nahimic.helprace.com/i734-new-nahimic-3-audio-driver-update

Question is: both driver vesions, while install successfully and work as desired (with realtek audio console installing and working), audio playback from System Sounds is too low. All other audio playback settings work fine, which is weird. For instance: windows volume slider plays a very low sound when changing the volume. But if I open youtube or a game, sound plays fine.

Any tips?

Never mind, I found that it set the System Sounds volume in the mixer to a low value.

Now, the question would be: which driver should I keep? Should I follow everyone's perception and keep 8918 installed (i have it now)? Or should I upgrade to 8923?

Cheers and thanks for this thread, it is very very helpful!

Station Drivers now has UAD Gigabyte 6.0.8924.1 driver here , CharlieSIGMA. I'm using v8924 (not 8923) on my Gigabyte board with HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182"

---

cyberpax wrote: Hi there I need some help with ...

latest HDA "generic" (nonUAD) driver - v6.0.8918.1 from Station Drivers , cyberpax.

UAD driver has vastly different format than HDA (non-UAD) driver edition. you have older Acer laptop that is several years old.
HDA driver easy to install - UAD driver a little harder to install on your Acer laptop.

----

for certain Lenovo users:

Realtek HDA (non-UAD) FF01 v6.0.8924.1 + Dolby DAX2 from Lenovo (non-generic) - for certain Lenovo laptops (Thinkpad models T260 & X260) only ( 8924 HDA release notes )
Last edit: 7 months 3 days ago by erpster96.

More
7 months 3 days ago - 7 months 3 days ago #3142 by pal1000

cyberpax wrote: Hi there I need some help with ...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AECxSBMtMF7ytGyM8

Great Pal1000 can you help in anyway? please!
from Pal1000 releases

which one is best for my system?
will Partial WHQL 6.0.8924.1 release from Pal1000 work for me?
How can i proper install it ?
Pal1000 refers to install the latest WHQL compliant codec (version 6.0.8904.1) before ?!
Please advise...

Best Regards
cyberpax(at)yahoo(dot)com

You may try my generic package, but make sure you have a copy of your current driver installation package in case you have to go back to it. as equalizer and other enhancements you may want may be missing for reasons that are out of my control . Before installing my generic package, disconnect from Internet and then uninstall your current driver. Reconnect to Internet after generic package installation. You can go back to your current driver by uninstalling my generic package first. Or wait for someone to post a link to latest driver for HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_255&SUBSYS_1025100C.
Last edit: 7 months 3 days ago by pal1000.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds