Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 199 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #3074 by erpster96

viperz wrote:

audiofeel wrote: Realtek HD Universal Driver 6.0.8911.1 MSI

as i said, tried but nothing special .. still 8907.1 driver is the most superb sound , but can lead to some things missing in the control panel. the combination development of 8904.1 driver and 8907.1 maybe can lead some ways out for generic realtek hda hardware !

I'm using 8918 UAD on my Gigabyte board which also provides as very good sound as 8907 UAD, viperz 1245
Ditto with 8924 HDA FF00 on my old HP pavilion computer

@audiofeel: looks like MSI finally posted the 8911 uad msi rtk & uad nahimic drivers on their web site
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by erpster96.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duttyend, viperz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #3076 by viperz

erpster96 wrote:

viperz wrote:

audiofeel wrote: Realtek HD Universal Driver 6.0.8911.1 MSI

as i said, tried but nothing special .. still 8907.1 driver is the most superb sound , but can lead to some things missing in the control panel. the combination development of 8904.1 driver and 8907.1 maybe can lead some ways out for generic realtek hda hardware !

I'm using 8918 UAD on my Gigabyte board which also provides as very good sound as 8907 UAD, viperz 1245
Ditto with 8924 HDA FF00 on my old HP pavilion computer

@audiofeel: looks like MSI finally posted the 8911 uad msi rtk & uad nahimic drivers on their web site

as usual, (for my personal opinion) MSI is king of stability, while Gigabyte is just so and so.. I got 2 gigabytes VGA Card failed running.. thrown into garbage bin.. 20 years + i working as technical support for most gigabytes board.. Singapore Education Ministry project.. i found that headaches in term of stability when come to Gigabytes.. I have no much problems with MSI motherboard, most of the MSI mainboard can run into 20 years + superb durability, that is why I choose MSI for that purpose.

With time, when I see the specs, I would greatly consider Asrock mainboard into future. Maybe my next year purchase ( I would opt for Asrock mainboard with USB 4.0 and Display Port 2.0 to support 4K at 75Hz (Single Cable Configuration)
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by viperz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duttyend

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #3077 by erpster96

viperz wrote:
as usual, (for my personal opinion) MSI is king of stability, while Gigabyte is just so and so.. I got 2 gigabytes VGA Card failed running.. thrown into garbage bin.. 20 years + i working as technical support for most gigabytes board.. Singapore Education Ministry project.. i found that headaches in term of stability when come to Gigabytes.. I have no much problems with MSI motherboard, most of the MSI mainboard can run into 20 years + superb durability, that is why I choose MSI for that purpose.

With time, when I see the specs, I would greatly consider Asrock mainboard into future. Maybe my next year purchase ( I would opt for Asrock mainboard with USB 4.0 and Display Port 2.0 to support 4K at 75Hz (Single Cable Configuration)

what kind of ASRock board will you be getting?

btw, the Gigabyte board I'm using is GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 (it's an older one I got a few years ago) - a budget board with Realtek ALC892 with hardware device ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" (ID supported by both Realtek HDA & UAD drivers) - and still working good; I just have different results with Gigabyte than what you were experiencing since my brother & I reside in the USA and my brother plans to build his custom made PC with a new Gigabyte board (his will be an H370 Aorus Gaming 3 Wifi )

---

moving on

Realtek HDA version 6.0.8911.1FF04 HDA X64 from Hewlett-Packard - WHQL for Win10 x64 only

( sp101998 ) - release notes

edit - 8911 FF04 is for HP/Compaq machines only; not generic (sorry folks, no new "generic" HDA FFxx drivers higher than 8899 FF00 yet)

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #3078 by viperz

erpster96 wrote:

viperz wrote:
[as usual, (for my personal opinion) MSI is king of stability, while Gigabyte is just so and so.. I got 2 gigabytes VGA Card failed running.. thrown into garbage bin.. 20 years + i working as technical support for most gigabytes board.. Singapore Education Ministry project.. i found that headaches in term of stability when come to Gigabytes.. I have no much problems with MSI motherboard, most of the MSI mainboard can run into 20 years + superb durability, that is why I choose MSI for that purpose.

what kind of ASRock board will you be getting?

btw, the Gigabyte board I'm using is GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 (it's an older one I got a few years ago) - a budget board with Realtek ALC892 with hardware device ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" (ID supported by both Realtek HDA & UAD drivers) - and still working good; I just have different results with Gigabyte than what you were experiencing since my brother & I reside in the USA and my brother plans to build his custom made PC with a new Gigabyte board (his will be an H370 Aorus Gaming 3 Wifi )

---

moving on

Realtek HDA version 6.0.8911.1FF04 HDA X64 from Hewlett-Packard - WHQL for Win10 x64 only

( sp101998 ) - release notes

edit - 8911 FF04 is for HP/Compaq machines only; not generic (sorry folks, no new "generic" HDA FFxx drivers higher than 8899 FF00 yet)

as 20 years plus technical support, I found that no problem for me to install those version 8911.1 drivers.. (default installer or method do not allow such installation done) . However, after completed the installation. i found that there are 2 version of drivers (generic version) and (SST version) . I managed to installed both.. but however, in both version the sound quality are crappy on generic hardware.. (my audio chip is not mistaken is realtek 887 chipset, generic ?) (not so outdated) but maybe considered as "generic" to advanced users ? or realtek driver team (non microsoft or MS based) ? !
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by viperz.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #3081 by erpster96

Eirsah wrote:
I have the version you mentioned installed but i will try the method you suggested and see if it will make any difference.

@Eirsah - the 2004/20H1 version of Win10 Pro is not yet been officially released to the public (it won't come out until at least late May or June)
what build of 2004 do you have? MS has just released build 19041.207 for 2004/20H1 users this Tue 4/14
also, you should check whether or not the Realtek "Software Components" are listed in Device Manager as shown in this picture [at least three of these components should be there in order for Realtek Audio Console uwp app to be installed & running correctly]

note to viperz: I think you should use the 8907 uad msi version on your MSI board - some people reported in other forums who use recent MSI boards & laptops said that 8907 has better sound than 8911 or 8918. 8918 uad seems to work differently for MSI users (and maybe ASUS ROG users) than with others like me where 8918 seems to work very good on my Gigabyte board. guess it varies with different manufacturer boards & models.

speaking of MSI, before I ended up getting the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2 board a few years ago, I did consider getting a used MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) motherboard (another budget board) from either Amazon or eBay since I had a bunch of unused AMD socket AM3+ cpus lying around and one seller at that time would sell it for less than $60 and I wanted to buy it but someone else beat me to buying it at a low price.

I may get that budget MSI board someday though it's being sold nowadays by some sellers for at least $100 (I have the money though; just not the time or commitment)
Attachments:

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #3083 by erpster96

boboman wrote: Thank you very much erpster.
I have downloaded them.

@boboman

Dell posted the 8895 BC HDA PG475 version on their web site (the one with the HDAADCMAX8.inf, HDXADCMAX8.inf & HDXADCMAX8S.inf files) almost a week ago

here's the direct download link to that 8895 HDA driver version from Dell

I have removed that 8895 HDA BC driver from MEGA - the other one (w/ SCCM in the name) will still remain on Mega until Dell themselves post it on their web site.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds