Station-Drivers - NVIDIA Graphics Driver 450.xx (WDDM 2.7) - Page 5 - STATION-DRIVERS

NVIDIA Graphics Driver 450.xx (WDDM 2.7)

More
1 week 4 days ago #3244 by Tom
At home the notebook doesn't need to be so powerful, it's 8th generation Intel CPU..
My office notebook needs to be powerful, not for gaming but for AI software with Deep Learning and developing. That's why company bought me one with an RTX 2070 and 32GB RAM because we need CUDA for Deep Learning
Both notebooks run Windows 10 1909, haven't upgraded yet to 2004 for test of our software.

Cheers
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #3245 by SM-003

Tom wrote: At home the notebook doesn't need to be so powerful, it's 8th generation Intel CPU..
My office notebook needs to be powerful, not for gaming but for AI software with Deep Learning and developing. That's why company bought me one with an RTX 2070 and 32GB RAM because we need CUDA for Deep Learning
Both notebooks run Windows 10 1909, haven't upgraded yet to 2004 for test of our software.

Cheers
Tom

Post the SS from DXDIAG from both of those systems here, for all of your GPUs, dedicated & integrated.

More
1 week 4 days ago #3246 by Sebastian DI
@Tom,

Install Windows 10 2004 and you will see, that only this Version or higher (Windows 10 Insider Preview 19624.1000 (rs_prerelease) supports next generation WDDM 2.7...thats the keynote here.
You use an RTX card? Then really update to Windows 10 19041.264 and install this driver onto it.
You will realize a performance gain.
Even me recognizes it, and i use "only" a Geforce 1080 TI from Zotac....

More
1 week 4 days ago #3247 by Tom
Will probably do it after I tested our next software release. In fact, the earlier the better, to see whether any bugs in Windows 2004 and our software.

SM-003 wrote: Post the SS from DXDIAG from both of those systems here, for all of your GPUs, dedicated & integrated.

Will do tomorrow at office, sorry, live in a different timezone, so my bed is calling.

Cheers
Tom

More
1 week 4 days ago #3249 by Tom
Installed the driver in the morning and attached the DXDIAG pictures from my office notebook, you can see the Windows version, and opposite to my home notebook, here the second tab shows the NVIDIA as Display, while the home notebook shows it as Render.
However while the Intel still shows only WDDM 2.6, the NVIDIA Tab shows WDDM 2.7. Don't ask me why, I suspect it is related to Developing tools I installed from NVIDIA, but frankly, no time to investigate this.

@Sebastian, not sure whether it is related to Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling which I enabled in the registry, but my subjective impression is, that the app I am currently testing is opening faster after I assigned the NVIDIA GPU to the program.

Cheers
Tom
Attachments:

More
1 week 4 days ago #3250 by Ataemonus
It is very strange that the UHD driver shows as WDDM 2.6 when it is in fact 27.20.xxx.xxx which is clearly a WDDM 2.7.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds