Station-Drivers - Intel chipset unknow error - STATION-DRIVERS

Intel chipset unknow error

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 1 day ago #4507 by Pareja
 Yesterday after install a fresh windows insider 21292, when trying to install the chipset driver, it gives me this error.

Could be that driver is not compatible with this windows 10 version.
Hardware Gigabyte z370 gaming 5. and Intel 8700K

Thanks.
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nepo Nei

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #4508 by SM-003
Replied by SM-003 on topic Intel chipset unknow error

Pareja wrote:  Yesterday after install a fresh windows insider 21292, when trying to install the chipset driver, it gives me this error.

Could be that driver is not compatible with this windows 10 version.
Hardware Gigabyte z370 gaming 5. and Intel 8700K

Thanks.

You're having an i7-8700K Processor Coffeelake series CPU & this INF package has that correspondence CoffeelakeSystem.inf file in it. So checked by the H/W side, coming to the s/w (OS), I personally tested (installed) this on a current retail build of W10 (20H2-Latest) without any error or issue. & in the Readme of this package, it's mentioned that it is supported for W10

So, the only thing that's might cause that reason, could be the Insider (BETA) build on W10.

Did you check this on any retail build of W10? 

Attachments:

More
1 week 3 days ago #4510 by Fernando
Replied by Fernando on topic Intel chipset unknow error
@Pareja:
What does the Device Manager show? Is there any device with a "missing driver" listed?
If yes, try to install the matching INF file by navigating to the "DriverFiles" folder of the latest Intel Chipset Device Software Set.

MB: ASRock X570 Pro4, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, System Drive: 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX570, OS: Win10 x64 Pro

More
1 week 3 days ago #4511 by Pareja
Replied by Pareja on topic Intel chipset unknow error
Thanks guys.
I found with a question mark these 2 system devices, but windows update installed those drivers.

Attemptd to remove them and then install the chipset driver, but I got the same error. Check please the log file.

Attachments:

More
1 week 3 days ago #4514 by Fernando
@Pareja:
Thanks for the screenshot of your system's Device Manager, which verifies, that nearly all listed Intel chipset devices are supported either by the KabyLakePCH-H  or by the Skylake CPU Series INF files, which are within all generally available modern Intel Chipset Device Software Sets.
Only the following listed specific Intel Chipset devices are not supported by the officially released Intel Chipset Device Software Sets:
  1. Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #17 (DEV_A2E7) and
  2. Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #21 (DEV_A2EB)
Nevertheless you should find matching INF files for both devices on the Support page of your mainboard manufacturer.

MB: ASRock X570 Pro4, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, System Drive: 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX570, OS: Win10 x64 Pro

More
1 week 3 days ago #4516 by Fernando
I have to correct my last post regarding the Intel(R) PCI Express Root Ports #17 and #21 (DeviceIDs DEV_A2E7 and DEV_A2EB).
Both devices are fully supported by the INF file named KabyLakePCH-HSystem.inf, which is within all modern Intel Chipset Device Software Sets.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds