Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 160 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #2564 by erpster96
HOLY COW pal1000! :woohoo:

Microsoft has posted Realtek UAD Driver version 6.0.8825.1 on MS Update Catalog moments ago 12/5/2019:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.8825.1

AND this package DOES include generic HDXRT.INF & HDXRTSST.INF files - FOR REAL!!! It also has the hdxrtu.cat signature file that mentions those "generic" hdxrt.inf & hdxrtsst.inf files unlike the normal hdxrt.cat file!
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by erpster96.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #2565 by pal1000

erpster96 wrote: HOLY COW pal1000! :woohoo:

Microsoft has posted Realtek UAD Driver version 6.0.8825.1 on MS Update Catalog moments ago 12/5/2019:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.8825.1

AND this package DOES include generic HDXRT.INF & HDXRTSST.INF files - FOR REAL!!! It also has the hdxrtu.cat signature file that mentions those "generic" hdxrt.inf & hdxrtsst.inf files unlike the normal hdxrt.cat file!

I looked at it and it appears Realtek hasn't made any other changes to HDXRT.inf and HDXRTSST.inf beside catalog filename adjustment. The really tricky part is finding a package with HDXRTU.cat on Realtek FTP server that updates as frequent as MSI RTK/Nahimic/Creative otherwise it would lag behind them indefinitely. Only if this condition is met I can begin to hope at disabling force updater.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #2569 by KaoDome
I guess I need to spend a little bit more time reading through the Realtek driver thing, but every time I get a new machine and I think I understand how it goes things get hazy again.

This time I got a laptop, an Acer Aspire A515-54G which has an integrated Realtek HD Audio card whose IDs are:
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251345&REV_1000
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251345

The currently provided driver either from Windows Update or Acer itself is from May, 6.0.8699.1. And from what I can see it doesn't make use of any of the advanced DSPs (Waves, Nahimic, etc.) and relies on the Realtek Audio Console having an Acer TrueHarmony section (whatever that is).

Anyway, I wanted to use a newer driver in the machine, but I'm at a loss trying to figure out which one would be the appropriate one. From alanfox2000's repo I saw there were some Acer releases under the 8849.1 branch, but when I try to grep for VEN_10EC&DEV_0255 all of them match.

That's without taking into account any other generic release or other made for other manufacturers, I only checked the Acer tagged ones. Is there any way to figure out which one would be the right one? Not only for this machine, but for any given one (I'd hate to be a trouble asking again for a different one) or is it a trial and error kind of thing?

Any help would be appreciated, I'd also leave here a link to the officially provided release for the machine in case that's useful for determining the one to use: 6.0.8699.1 from ACER

The Audio Console is version 1.3.179.0, if that's relevant too.

Thanks anyway for your time!

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #2571 by KaoDome
Some more info on what I wrote earlier, I did some more reading and I reached the procedure explaining how to create a package suitable for installation based on the card you have using generic drivers.

After downloading the required components and checking for the existence of a suitable one already inputting the IDs in the UADInfEditor I was glad to see there was, but the resultant sausage seemed not to be useful. Running the setup program led to a message stating there was no supported hardware in the machine.

Replacing the setup files with those included in Acer's distribution didn't help, the same message appeared, I tried searching for the IDs manually in the package put together by UADInfEditor and they indeed appear, but if I recall correctly UAD drivers are unsuitable to be installed via INF.

By the way, I'm running Windows 10 1909, in case that's important too. I wonder how come things are so... convoluted.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by KaoDome.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #2572 by viperz
For the time being, I have most satisfied with Asus 8849 Driver, (internal built 8848.1)
I delete almost all previous drivers, this version of driver working best with K-LITE Mega 1527 codec,
slightly inferior in K-LITE 1528... I am waiting for more feedbacks (Currently tested with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 version 19033), testing of Windows 10 version 19037 in progress..

2. for me UAD is only my alternative driver, i dont focus on UAD driver due to system stability considerations.

About me: (Peter Chua) Malaysian IT Support for more than 20 years.
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by viperz.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #2577 by pal1000
Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.8856.1
This release is 100% WHQL compliant, no force update is included.
The official installer is included. If you prefer it over my custom made open-source installer, move Win64 folder inside Official-Setup folder and run setup.exe as admin from there.
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by pal1000.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, DooGie, IntelliMoo, Ataemonus, Vonray1911

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds