Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 106 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
4 days 11 hours ago #1780 by mathieu89
Hello ,

I currently have a laptop msi ge72 6qf with hda audio drivers with nahimic whose last install without bug is 8606
the bug being on the other more recent version after connecting hdmi more sound.

I wanted to try the audio uad drivers like 8648 it works well except that
I can not install the realtek control panel of the microsoft store
that puts me error 80090010,

I made a reset of the microsoft store with this wsreset.exe command did not work

should i stay in hda ??

thank you in advance
mathieu89

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 7 hours ago - 3 days 19 hours ago #1781 by pal1000
Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.8730.1
Note
There was 6.0.8729.1 also available earlier today for ASUS OEM but when making a generic of it, it immediately triggered a BSOD that at first glance was easy to fix in safe mode. Unfortunately it caused Windows to refuse to detect the sound card. I don't know if System restore would have helped. But in the end I opted for the nuclear option - clean install Windows from an installation partition I had prepared for such emergencies. So watch out this can happen with bleeding edge drivers.
In case someone is interested BSOD errors were IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL initially and then after attempting to re-enable the sound card via Add Legacy Hardware option I got SYSTEM_TREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Update
6.0.8729.1 UAD for ASUS OEM has been re-posted on Realtek FTP server but I won't take chances with it anymore. The ordeal was too great.
Last edit: 3 days 19 hours ago by pal1000.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ataemonus

More
2 days 15 hours ago #1782 by GnarZ77
Are there any changelogs as to what is done/changed in the drivers ?
Since i have only alc887, it might not be necesarry at all to keep updating if there are no longer updates for 887.
Using the 8721 WHQL with the 8730 software components now and it works. Very good soundquality.

More
2 days 8 hours ago #1783 by throwaway11
Hey pal1000,

I've registered this account just so I could thank you for the fantastic work you've done with your generic UAD drivers...

I've tried stock Windows drivers, Windows update drivers and legacy HDA drivers that are bloated as hell... all problematic in various ways.

UAD drivers weren't supposedly compatible with my system, but with your fantastic work, I've installed them and they are much better than any drivers I'd tried... I like they include no silly audio enhancements and stuff. Realtek should distribute this driver on their site.

Seriously, such a great job. Keep it up!

More
12 hours 38 minutes ago - 12 hours 36 minutes ago #1787 by erpster96

pal1000 wrote:

GnarZ77 wrote: I had one more question, concerning a bios option for front panel output.
It can be set to either AC97 or HD , i have it on HD , does it matter anything for UAD drivers what it is set to ?
I think it was only 5.1 speakersupport with AC97 and 7.1 with HD set.

As far as I know AC'97 is ancient tech nowadays, definitely not supported by UAD. It was old even when Windows 7 came out.

the bios options for AC97 or HDA only concerns those using old PC cases with old ac97 style front panel audio jacks/ports (that was for compatibility reasons)
personally I'd change/replace those front panel audio ports with HD compliant ones for full HD usage with either Realtek HDA or UAD drivers.
if you're using a computer case built after the HD audio standard came out, leave the bios option to HD.

yup, AC97 is ancient tech - dated back to 1997 when that first came out and discountinued around 2004/2005 when the HD audio standard came out.

may want to read this Wikipedia articles about AC97 and Intel High Definition Audio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC%2797

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_High_Definition_Audio
Last edit: 12 hours 36 minutes ago by erpster96.

More
12 hours 25 minutes ago #1788 by pal1000
The following user(s) said Thank You: DooGie, Ataemonus

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds