Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 234 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #3909 by erpster96

MrPepka wrote: This is my question for you. What audio drivers do you recommend? Currently I use UAD drivers with Gigabyte brand version 6.0.9003.1 will UAD Generic drivers be better than those branded by Gigabyte or worse? Earlier, when I used the UAD Generic, the sound quality was worse in my opinion, now I have UAD drivers with the Gigabyte brand and the sound quality is the same as in the HDA drivers, although on these UAD I have 2 sound card driver panels (Realtek Audio Console and Realtek HD Audio Manager)

what kind of Gigabyte motherboard are you using, MrPepka?
or better yet, what is the hardware ID number of your Realtek audio device on your Gigabyte board?
use this site on gathering the hardware ID number of a device:
https://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

for me - I was using v6.0.9008.1 UAD Gigabyte (from Mokichu but he recently updated it to 6.0.9013.1) on my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board with HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182"

edit - OH and you should NEVER be using both Realtek HD Audio Manager and Realtek Audio Console (or have BOTH of them installed) as it seems you have a "mixture" of HDA & UAD drivers which could lead things in a very messy situation

only use either HDA or UAD drivers but NOT both (AND you should NOT have both Realtek HD Audio Manager and Realtek Audio Console apps)!! BAD IDEA to have TWO Realtek sound control panel apps as I never do this to my Gigabyte board.

I only have just Realtek Audio Console UWP app installed as Realtek HD Audio Manager only works for HDA drivers only and the Realtek Audio Console app works only with UAD drivers.
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by erpster96.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #3910 by MrPepka
I am using a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite motherboard
ID:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00&SUBSYS_1458A0CF&REV_1000\5&307ED9B2&0&0001

More
1 month 1 week ago #3911 by DooGie

pal1000 wrote: Unofficial Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.9013.1
Due to Realtek not providing regular updates to HDXRTU.CAT, HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf, it wasn't possible to make a Realtek UAD Generic package for old systems that is 100% WHQL compliant. To workaround this setup installs latest generic WHQL compliant codec component (version 6.0.8924.1) with hardware support application, audio effects and service components taken from latest version and then a force updater is used to replace the old codec component (RTKVHD64.sys and RTAIODAT.DAT) with its latest version.

Due to absence of valid and updated copies of HDXRTU.CAT, HDXRT.inf, HDXRTSST.inf and HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf (or equivalents) new hardware IDs introduced since 6.0.8825.1 are at most partially supported and those introduced since 6.0.8925.1 are completely unsupported.

This release comes with an update for Realtek Audio UWP app. Open Windows Store and do a check for updates to get Realtek Audio Control 1.16.228.0 right away or wait for Windows store to pull it.

For me the best sounding driver in a long while.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #3912 by erpster96
v6.0.9000.1 & v6.0.9001.1 UAD driver versions released back-to-back on MS Update [posted 9/14/2020]:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9001.1
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9000.1

---

well MrPepka looks like DooGie and I like the 9013 version - sound quality for 9013 UAD works fine on my Gigabyte board using Realtek ALC892 with ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" - so I'm getting a different result than what you are having with 9013 (perhaps maybe because I'm using a 9013 UAD driver with just the Realtek Audio Console app - no Realtek HD Audio Manager app installed since that uses either the RAVCpl64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe file and those files are non-existent - Realtek Audio Console UWP app uses just the RtkUWP.exe file)
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by erpster96.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #3913 by MrPepka
I tried to install the UAD Generic drivers from pal1000, but after installing them, I have a yellow exclamation mark next to my soundcard and the error code is showing code 52 (problem with WHQL signature verification), additionally, 6.0.9003.1 is displayed as the driver version. For now, I stay with the UAD drivers from Gigabyte
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by MrPepka.

More
1 month 6 days ago - 1 month 6 days ago #3914 by erpster96
ah I see, you were using pal1000's unofficial UAD drivers, MrPepka
and then reverted back to the 9003 UAD Gigabyte driver.

I, on the other hand, made unofficial UAD Gigabyte drivers of my own like 8984.1 and 9013.1
recently uploaded a few hours ago - recently tested & worked on my Gigabyte GA78LMT-USB3-R2 board
currently using 9013 uad on my Gigabyte board.
the older 8984 uad gigabyte driver might be for those users with certain Gigabyte boards (Z490 or X299X series boards) with DTS:X Ultra support

AND I ALWAYS "clean install" UAD drivers from scratch on my Gigabyte board, meaning I uninstall/remove existing UAD drivers from either the Programs & Features control panel (appwiz.cpl) or DDU (display driver uninstaller) or even DriverStore Explorer (RAPR) - removing all files & reg entries related just to Realtek audio, reboot and then install a new UAD driver version fresh and get clean working sound.

I NEVER install new UAD driver version on top of older version. NEVER!!!

---

btw, Station Drivers has the 9013 UAD MSI driver from MSI. 9013 UAD MSI driver is also listed for the new MSI Prestige 14 (11th gen Intel series) laptops like A11SCS & A11SCX in the Audio driver download section on the MSI web site
Last edit: 1 month 6 days ago by erpster96.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds