Station-Drivers - [DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 177 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
3 months 1 week ago #2801 by Vonray1911
First time i'm experiencing changes in the audio with these new drivers. Movies in 5.1 and 7.1 sounding richer and louder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #2802 by ex58
Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.8895.1 WHQL

8895_FF00

Win 10 RS5 19H1 x64
PackageVersion = PG475
DriverVer=02/11/2020, 6.0.8895.1
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, Ataemonus, KENT

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #2803 by Le Grec

Vonray1911 wrote: First time i'm experiencing changes in the audio with these new drivers. Movies in 5.1 and 7.1 sounding richer and louder.

This seems like you have "Loudness Equalization" ON. It's truly one of the few good enchantments that users may consider to turn it on. Richer sound and no annoyingly lower voices, but louder sound effects causing serious problem. Especially at night that you don't know what to do when sound effects are involving and you constantly have to turn volume down but at speaking you cannot hear them anymore.

I have to say for the few Motherboards I've had, two chips were ALC887, two ALC892, one A1200S and one ALC1150.

I truly find remarkable the ALC 892, one of the best, movies/series are extremely warm and realistic sound and as to games, with all the noise that goes on, all chips feel pretty much the same. Then close and some obviously might argue it's even better the ALC1150 but for some reason its life span was extremely small, mainly because fast enough the ALC1150 replaced by the A1220S which at least on paper seems much better. It truly is up there with Discrete Sound Blaster cards. Finally Realtek is catching up, doing some serious job and with AMPs some motherboard embed, the 2 line separation for each canal and the cover for the chips themselves, my next Motherboard will certainly has that chip. Today if I was to buy a new M/B I'd go for the Gigabyte Aorus Pro. Gigabit LAN and S1220A Realtek Chip with incredible Singal-to-Noise ratio along with AMPs and serious capacitors firepower.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Le Grec.

More
3 months 1 week ago #2804 by Vonray1911
Yeah, i know about Loudness Equalization effect. I don't use it for surround sound movies, sound mixing would be useless.
I didn't have the chance to try another codec but the ALC892

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #2805 by SM-003

Vonray1911 wrote: First time i'm experiencing changes in the audio with these new drivers. Movies in 5.1 and 7.1 sounding richer and louder.

what's the driver version & audio codec/motherboard (i.e. ALCxxx) you're using?

Le Grec wrote:

This seems like you have "Loudness Equalization" ON. It's truly one of the few good enchantments that users may consider to turn it on. Richer sound and no annoyingly lower voices, but louder sound effects causing serious problem. Especially at night that you don't know what to do when sound effects are involving and you constantly have to turn volume down but at speaking you cannot hear them anymore.

I have to say for the few Motherboards I've had, two chips were ALC887, two ALC892, one A1200S and one ALC1150.

I truly find remarkable the ALC 892, one of the best, movies/series are extremely warm and realistic sound and as to games, with all the noise that goes on, all chips feel pretty much the same. Then close and some obviously might argue it's even better the ALC1150 but for some reason its life span was extremely small, mainly because fast enough the ALC1150 replaced by the A1220S which at least on paper seems much better. It truly is up there with Discrete Sound Blaster cards. Finally Realtek is catching up, doing some serious job and with AMPs some motherboard embed, the 2 line separation for each canal and the cover for the chips themselves, my next Motherboard will certainly has that chip. Today if I was to buy a new M/B I'd go for the Gigabyte Aorus Pro. Gigabit LAN and S1220A Realtek Chip with incredible Singal-to-Noise ratio along with AMPs and serious capacitors firepower.

I've been using an old intel DH67bL mobo which has the inbuilt ALC892 Realtek Audio chipset. So, if I have to buy a new mobo now in recent days, is that S1220A the latest & the best in-build audio codec to try/consider for my sony IV300 5.1 sound system?

Also, n between Logitech z906 or Sony IV300, which one would be a better choice for nowadays (latest) Realtek in-build audio DAC with a motherboard if I don't wanna invest in separate /dedicated 5.1 surround sound card?
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by SM-003.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #2806 by Vonray1911
I'm using the latest pal's UAD ones on my Z97-E which has the ALC892.
About the Logitech z906 or Sony IV300, i think the IV300 is better because it has DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD decoder. Unless you use analog instead of optical output, and i have no idea which is better when the PC decodes the audio vs the reciever.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Vonray1911.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds