Looking for ASUS System Firmware update - Page 2 - STATION-DRIVERS

Looking for ASUS System Firmware update

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois - il y a 1 an 1 mois #3820 par Tom
Réponse de Tom sur le sujet Looking for ASUS System Firmware update

Yes,
here it is

ASUS Vivobook R558UR-DM069D (Sub Model: X556UR)

But not for the v412 over there, the last version is v316 listed there.

Thanks for the link. So you have 3.15 installed and Asus offers 316 which is obviously newer.
Knowing Asus and their support policy, I think it is very unlikely that there is a newer BIOS available especially a jump from 3xx to 4xx. May I know what is your source which states that there is a firmware 412 for your notebook available?
(Please don't say Dumo, the software is crap IMHO)

Edit: Can you provide the HW ID in the device manager?
Should look like: UEFI\RES_{c47c6eec-50ec-4475-b924-2aa83519f7af}

Cheers
Tom
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par Tom.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois - il y a 1 an 1 mois #3828 par SM-003

Yes,
here it is

ASUS Vivobook R558UR-DM069D (Sub Model: X556UR)

But not for the v412 over there, the last version is v316 listed there.

Thanks for the link. So you have 3.15 installed and Asus offers 316 which is obviously newer.
Knowing Asus and their support policy, I think it is very unlikely that there is a newer BIOS available especially a jump from 3xx to 4xx. May I know what is your source which states that there is a firmware 412 for your notebook available?
(Please don't say Dumo, the software is crap IMHO)

Edit: Can you provide the HW ID in the device manager?
Should look like: UEFI\RES_{c47c6eec-50ec-4475-b924-2aa83519f7af}

Cheers
Tom

@Tom

Here are the H/W Ids

UEFI\RES_{adf869ed-b872-5952-a061-907cea3db1a8}&REV_316
UEFI\RES_{adf869ed-b872-5952-a061-907cea3db1a8}

& About the version, am a little confused for that as it's showing two different versions v315 & v316 in different places

in the 'System Information Window' & 'System Firmware Properties' (Device Manager), under the 'Firmware TAB', it is showing as 316 as you can see here

'System Firmware Properties' (Device Manager), under the firmware TAB v316 dated 25.1.2019

System Information Window v316 dated 16.4.2019

but in the same 'System Firmware Properties' (Device Manager), under the 'Driver' TAB, it's sowing v10.1.2.315 dated 25.1.2019

I searched the Microsoft Update Catalog website with the H/W id UEFI\RES_{adf869ed-b872-5952-a061-907cea3db1a8

& here is the result & as per this result v316 dated 15.4.2019 is the last available update in Microsoft Update Catalog website

Furthermore, I installed the Winflash Windows BIOS Flash Utility v3.2.10 to check if any newer BIOS/Firmware update is available for this model or not & here is the resulting screenshot

Lastly, Checked Dumo, & Dumo Reported v317 is the latest

Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par SM-003.

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois #3829 par Tom
Réponse de Tom sur le sujet Looking for ASUS System Firmware update
Yep, when I searched your ID's Microsoft came up with a bunch of Firmwares, exactly the same as you found.
I have frankly no idea where DUMO got the information from, but for sure DUMO reads the driver field and not the firmware field.
I checked on Microsoft Catalogue all supported HW ID's and all supported Update ID's, but nothing newer showed up than 316.
10.1.2.315 is the driver, Microsoft had on hand before the newer version was released, but that's a wild guess.
Why you have 3 different dates for the BIOS (Device Manager, System Info and Winflash Utility) is not quite sure, but I suspect that 316 was submitted to Microsoft on January 25, 2019 together with the Winflash Utility.
Build Date and Release Date could match, because after the BIOS was "built" it needs testing so 6 weeks later releasing sounds reasonable.
As for Dumo, maybe you can drop the developer a message or post in his topic here in this board, I recall that he answered previously when I complained about the failures of his software. But that was before the board was redesigned.

Cheers
Tom

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois #3830 par MrPepka
Right-click on this device, select "Update Drivers" and select "Search for drivers automatically". Maybe it is trivial, but it helped me once in the same case as with you

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 1 mois - il y a 1 an 1 mois #3831 par SM-003

Yep, when I searched your ID's Microsoft came up with a bunch of Firmwares, exactly the same as you found.
I have frankly no idea where DUMO got the information from, but for sure DUMO reads the driver field and not the firmware field.
I checked on Microsoft Catalogue all supported HW ID's and all supported Update ID's, but nothing newer showed up than 316.
10.1.2.315 is the driver, Microsoft had on hand before the newer version was released, but that's a wild guess.
Why you have 3 different dates for the BIOS (Device Manager, System Info and Winflash Utility) is not quite sure, but I suspect that 316 was submitted to Microsoft on January 25, 2019 together with the Winflash Utility.
Build Date and Release Date could match, because after the BIOS was "built" it needs testing so 6 weeks later releasing sounds reasonable.
As for Dumo, maybe you can drop the developer a message or post in his topic here in this board, I recall that he answered previously when I complained about the failures of his software. But that was before the board was redesigned.

Cheers
Tom

Thanks for your inputs, yes, I've seen that Dumo reports such things as an update in many h/w cases, incorrect information about the update, & made the confusion, be it driver or firmware update, so I guess it's something that needs to be done from the developer side, so tagging the dev Kyle here for this issue as you suggested.

Right-click on this device, select "Update Drivers" and select "Search for drivers automatically". Maybe it is trivial, but it helped me once in the same case as with you

That's very much generic option, already tried, it either downloads an outdated old driver sometimes & downgraded the driver or mostly do nothing & show that the driver is up-to-date.
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par SM-003.

Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 3 semaines #5121 par Kyle_Katarn
Are you still facing this issue with DUMo ?

Temps de génération de la page : 0.095 secondes