[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 26 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #371 by erpster96

Thanks for the detailed description @erpster96. Didin't mentioned it, but I've also tried 8519 from the Git and it had some issues at my place - some mild hissing and also crackling on play/pause and headphones plug/unplug. On other hand the MS 8519 was butter smooth and I'd even say it sounded a notch better (but this might be psychosomatic delusion :-)). That's why I went for the MS version of the 8522. Do you have any issues with Git 8522 ? Another thing is, that I installed the Realtek Console from a local source - 8513 package posted here some time ago. The Realtek Console from the AppStore does not want to install nor to update. I know it won't install/update if I don't have the right drivers, but the thing is it doesn't even show there is an update on the app store page - there is "Launch" button like I have the most recent version and that's it. Can you share a direct link to the new version app store page (as I guess it is different from the 133 page).

Edit : Apart from the fact that it is the MS update version, all components you mentioned are the right versions, except the Realtek Audio Console app itlsef, which is 1.1.133. As I said - there is no update to the version you are referring showing on my app store.

Edit 2 : Forgot to mention that the 1.1.133 console was not working with Git 8519 either.

no issues with 8522 UAD from git, joro_abv.
the 8522 UAD from github is the same as 8522 UAD from MS but includes extension INF files like HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf from the CodecExtOem_RTK_8522 folder. Extension INFs are needed to get the Realtek software components listed in Device Manager and are not included in the UAD drivers from MS update catalog.

the Realtek UWP app from MS store may not update when computer is not connected to internet for a long time or there are some problems with the MS store server. I can install (RealtekAudioControl) v1.2.136.0 from this github page after installing 8522 UAD driver (AND establishing a working internet connection). sometimes if I run the Realtek audio console appxbundle locally I get error message and the only to "work around" that is to run it locally with an internet connection. AND make sure the Windows Update service (wuauserv) is running and not disabled when updating the Realtek UWP app (MS store apps can't be updated at all when the windows update service in win10 is completely disabled with 3rd party tools like Windows Update Blocker or StopUpdates10 )

Realtek audio console v1.1.133.0 is incompatible with the Realtek 8519 & 8522 UAD drivers, joro_abv. you need v1.2.136.0 for those. v1.1.133.0 is best suited for the 8509-8514 UAD drivers.

also there's no such model as ASUS "G51" laptop - there are G51J, G51V, G51VX which are old laptops made about a decade ago. Run Speccy to gather the exact model of that ASUS laptop
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by erpster96.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #373 by joro_abv

Thanks for the detailed description @erpster96. Didin't mentioned it, but I've also tried 8519 from the Git and it had some issues at my place - some mild hissing and also crackling on play/pause and headphones plug/unplug. On other hand the MS 8519 was butter smooth and I'd even say it sounded a notch better (but this might be psychosomatic delusion :-)). That's why I went for the MS version of the 8522. Do you have any issues with Git 8522 ? Another thing is, that I installed the Realtek Console from a local source - 8513 package posted here some time ago. The Realtek Console from the AppStore does not want to install nor to update. I know it won't install/update if I don't have the right drivers, but the thing is it doesn't even show there is an update on the app store page - there is "Launch" button like I have the most recent version and that's it. Can you share a direct link to the new version app store page (as I guess it is different from the 133 page).

Edit : Apart from the fact that it is the MS update version, all components you mentioned are the right versions, except the Realtek Audio Console app itlsef, which is 1.1.133. As I said - there is no update to the version you are referring showing on my app store.

Edit 2 : Forgot to mention that the 1.1.133 console was not working with Git 8519 either.

no issues with 8522 UAD from git, joro_abv.
the 8522 UAD from github is the same as 8522 UAD from MS but includes extension INF files like HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf from the CodecExtOem_RTK_8522 folder. Extension INFs are needed to get the Realtek software components listed in Device Manager and are not included in the UAD drivers from MS update catalog.

the Realtek UWP app from MS store may not update when computer is not connected to internet for a long time or there are some problems with the MS store server. I can install (RealtekAudioControl) v1.2.136.0 from this github page after installing 8522 UAD driver (AND establishing a working internet connection). sometimes if I run the Realtek audio console appxbundle locally I get error message and the only to "work around" that is to run it locally with an internet connection. AND make sure the Windows Update service (wuauserv) is running and not disabled when updating the Realtek UWP app (MS store apps can't be updated at all when the windows update service in win10 is completely disabled with 3rd party tools like Windows Update Blocker or StopUpdates10 )

Realtek audio console v1.1.133.0 is incompatible with the Realtek 8519 & 8522 UAD drivers, joro_abv. you need v1.2.136.0 for those. v1.1.133.0 is best suited for the 8509-8514 UAD drivers.

also there's no such model as ASUS "G51" laptop - there are G51J, G51V, G51VX which are old laptops made about a decade ago. Run Speccy to gather the exact model of that ASUS laptop

Many thanks for the 1.2.136 link @erpster96. I installed the 8522 (so far so good, just a slightly worse hiss in my headphones than MS 8522) from the git and the 1.2.136 manually, but unfortunately still no luck - it installs fine, but when I run it - a spinner shows up and then an error "Cannot connect to RPC service". All things you mentioned are as it should be - windows update is intact, components are the right versions, inet is on ... yet - this error. Hope you can give me a bit more help on the final straight to solve this :-).

Two side notes :
1. RTK and MS drivers do differ binary. I compared them - some DLLs and sys files are binary different. Might be just built with a different tool, but they are different. Besides - the hiss and crackling with the RTK version was definitely, audibly there, while it was not with the MS, so I guess there is some code difference too.

2. Aaaah ... it's a typo, of course :-). My laptop is G751 ... G751JY to be more precise.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #374 by erpster96
[quote="joro_abv" post=373Many thanks for the 1.2.136 link @erpster96. I installed the 8522 (so far so good, just a slightly worse hiss in my headphones than MS 8522) from the git and the 1.2.136 manually, but unfortunately still no luck - it installs fine, but when I run it - a spinner shows up and then an error "Cannot connect to RPC service". All things you mentioned are as it should be - windows update is intact, components are the right versions, inet is on ... yet - this error. Hope you can give me a bit more help on the final straight to solve this :-).

Two side notes :
1. RTK and MS drivers do differ binary. I compared them - some DLLs and sys files are binary different. Might be just built with a different tool, but they are different. Besides - the hiss and crackling with the RTK version was definitely, audibly there, while it was not with the MS, so I guess there is some code difference too.

2. Aaaah ... it's a typo, of course :-). My laptop is G751 ... G751JY to be more precise.[/quote]

Read "Putting Realtek Audio Console to Work" article from Win10.guru site:
win10.guru/putting-realtek-audio-console-to-work/
sometimes after installing Realtek UAD driver, and if installing updated Realtek audio console fails with an error message, reboot the computer again, wait for several minutes and try to run the Realtek audio console app.

if that doesn't work try forcing the MS store app to update the Realtek audio console while internet connection is on - the store now has v1.2.137.0 available and I've recently updated to this new version when clicking on it.

also what version of Windows 10 are you using? run msinfo32.exe or winver.exe from the Run dialog box to gather version number and edition of Windows 10. Realtek UAD drivers require minimum Win10 build 15063 (RS2) v1703 [aka. Creators Update] but are more optimized for RS3/RS4 & recent versions of Win10.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by erpster96.

More
2 years 9 months ago #375 by ex58
The following user(s) said Thank You: moszter

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #378 by ex58
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by ex58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akks1981, moszter, DooGie, IntelliMoo, KaoDome

More
2 years 9 months ago #379 by joro_abv

Read "Putting Realtek Audio Console to Work" article from Win10.guru site:
win10.guru/putting-realtek-audio-console-to-work/
sometimes after installing Realtek UAD driver, and if installing updated Realtek audio console fails with an error message, reboot the computer again, wait for several minutes and try to run the Realtek audio console app.

if that doesn't work try forcing the MS store app to update the Realtek audio console while internet connection is on - the store now has v1.2.137.0 available and I've recently updated to this new version when clicking on it.

also what version of Windows 10 are you using? run msinfo32.exe or winver.exe from the Run dialog box to gather version number and edition of Windows 10. Realtek UAD drivers require minimum Win10 build 15063 (RS2) v1703 [aka. Creators Update] but are more optimized for RS3/RS4 & recent versions of Win10.

I'm running the latest Win10 Pro 1803. I'm definitely not getting updates for this app through the store for some reason. All of my other apps update fine. Anyway - tried restarts, also tried re-sintalling both the drivers and the app, also updated RealtekHSA to 139 and the UWP app to 1.2.139 from the post above ... makes no difference - same problem.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds