Intel MEI - fatal error while updating - STATION-DRIVERS

Intel MEI - fatal error while updating

More
6 months 5 days ago - 6 months 5 days ago #4331 by Camma23
Hi guys, I've tried everywhere and nobody has been able to help me, my last hope is you.
Can't update my Intel MEI for months now as on EVERY new driver version, I always get same error : "fatal error while installing. Can't install".

I've also attached screenshot of the "bug".
Pls help me, I'm desperated with this.. i tried to install as administrator, to launch w10 with a clean start, tried after w10 updated to last major update, tried to unistall IMEI from start/device management/system devices....well all these tests ended in same way : fatal error
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 5 days ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 5 days ago #4332 by Camma23
forgot to add. my pc is ASUS N580VD, running w10 updated to last version available

More
6 months 5 days ago #4333 by admin
Hi ;-) ,
Have you tried other versions to see if the problem was with the last one?

- ASUS Z490 ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA -INTEL I7 10700K 16Go Corsair RVB,
- SAMSUNG SSD970, SSD960/860/850 - NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX960 -
- CREATIVE SB X-Fi TITANIUM - STEELSERIE APEX7 RVB - STEELSERIE RIVEL 600 RGB -
- TOUR GAMDIAS RGB - TAPIS CORSAIR RGB - Free Fibre 2.5Gbs (Cat 7&8)

More
6 months 5 days ago #4338 by Tom
My suggestion, don't try to install by the installation program first. The drivers offered here have the different components available, so try to install from the device manager and select from there manually the installation by the *.inf file,
If this still fails, you may have to see whether your firmware got corrupted by a previous installation.

Cheers
Tom

More
6 months 4 days ago #4351 by Camma23

Hi ;-) ,
Have you tried other versions to see if the problem was with the last one?

yes man, I've already written it above, I tried with many versions and with all of them I got same error message

More
6 months 4 days ago #4352 by Camma23

My suggestion, don't try to install by the installation program first. The drivers offered here have the different components available, so try to install from the device manager and select from there manually the installation by the *.inf file,
If this still fails, you may have to see whether your firmware got corrupted by a previous installation.

Cheers
Tom

thanks for your answer, I wanna try this way. What is the .*inf file you told me, between these one?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds