lan Intel I225-V/I225-LM Rev 1.x Lan Controllers Firmware Version 1.89

Hello,

I've just recently updated to the newest firmware on my i225-v Rev 3 on my ASUS Tuf Gaming z690 PLUS-WIFI motherboard. Before I updated, I asked ASUS support if the update was safe to run and the guy said it was completely 100% safe. Although I still have some questions

What is the source of the driver, like where did you find it? lol I'm trying to google it to find out where it's from but I cant seem to find lenovo showing the update as a release or any information about this firmware except this website, it must be completely fresh

Is there any requirements to use this firmware update? Do I need a lenovo PC for compatability since the origin is from Lenovo or is it fine to run on my current ASUS mobo without any issues?

I noticed the changelog is not really in depth, are there any other changes listed? perhaps a notepad or something?a

I've already done the update, I have no issues whatsoever. So far it feels nice and seems like it's running better than before but I cannot tell if it's just placebo. I was just curious about more information about this firmware because I dont want to break any functionality and face compatibility issues.

Any further information would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
    Administrateur

Replied by admin on topic Intel I225-V/I225-LM Rev 1.x Lan Controllers Firmware Version 1.89

Posted 10 months 5 days ago #1102
Hi,
No, I also use it on my Gigabyte Z690 Pro (I225-V Rev 3.0) no particular worries
My network already works well, same with the new one, I think it mainly concerns Rev 1.x which caused a lot of problems

VERSION INFORMATION

The following versions have been released to date.

Version Build ID Rev. Issue Date

----
1.89 N37GE04W 01 2023/04/24

Note: Revision number (Rev.) is for administrative purpose of this README
document and is not related to software version. There is no need to
upgrade this software when the revision number changes.

To check the version of software, refer to the Determining which version is
installed section.

Summary of Changes

Where: < > Version number
[Important] Important update
(New) New function or enhancement
(Fix) Correction to existing function
Here is the Lenovo source:  download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n37ge04w.txt

Configuration
Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

Last Edit:10 months 5 days ago by admin
Last edit: 10 months 5 days ago by admin.

looks good!

I have i225-v Rev 3 and I was using 1.73 firmware before this update, and updated to 1.89 from this thread. So far so good. Thanks for the info.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
    Administrateur

Replied by admin on topic Intel I225-V/I225-LM Rev 1.x Lan Controllers Firmware Version 1.89

Posted 10 months 5 days ago #1104
Here is my I225-V and my Realtek RTL8125BG on Win11-64

Configuration
Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

by admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeffeh12133, Rimiri

Kind of off topic but I noticed in device manager that the Intel Ethernet Controller Driver has a hidden device (the original non-#2 version), and a normal device under it named "Intel Ethernet Controller (3) i225-v #2" I see the #2 next to it. What I did was delete both drivers and restart to let it re-install so the #2 is gone and only one exists and it looks proper now. It was a bit weird seeing that, but easy to fix. Any idea why that #2 pops up? Is it ok to do what I did or are both needed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rimiri

Time to create page: 1.010 seconds