[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 43 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
3 years 3 months ago #611 by Globespy
Hello,

I have the ALC1220 chipset on my Asrock z370 board.
I am trying to find drivers that work since the latest ones from the AsRock site are broken.
I tried downloading the 8531 and 8544 and uninstalled current drivers in safe mode using DDU.
But although they say installed there is no sound and it won't play test tone either?

This is from the Hardwareid section in device manager if this helps:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18491220&REV_1000

Please help. Thank you.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #612 by erpster96

Hello,

I have the ALC1220 chipset on my Asrock z370 board.
I am trying to find drivers that work since the latest ones from the AsRock site are broken.
I tried downloading the 8531 and 8544 and uninstalled current drivers in safe mode using DDU.
But although they say installed there is no sound and it won't play test tone either?

This is from the Hardwareid section in device manager if this helps:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18491220&REV_1000

Please help. Thank you.
Thanks

be more specific - what kind of ASRock Z370 board, Globespy? there are several kinds like Z370 Extreme4, Z370 Pro4, Z370 Killer SLI, Z370 Taichi as listed on the ASRock site .

you could try the newest driver - 8551 FF00 (a nonUAD driver). if that does not work, remove it and try out the 8553 UAD driver.

note to alanfox2000: I am having great trouble downloading the 8551 SVF file from the link you posted as I keep getting database errors with error number 1062.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by erpster96.

More
3 years 3 months ago #613 by SM-003
I know that HDA stands for High Definition Audio bt what's UDA & what's the diff between UAD driver & non-UDA driver, is non-UDA drivers called HDA, hoe someone clarifies precisely with easy explanation

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #614 by Globespy
AsRock z370 extreme4

I tried the repacked 8543 (6.0.1.8543) drivers someone posted here, and they seem to work with the control center (able to detect my headphone impedance ONLY if headphones are plugged into the rear panel on the motherboard, but not the front panel), but unfortunately they suffer from the same issues as most of the current Realtek drivers in that it's not possible to have both desktop speakers plugged into the motherboard and headphones plugged into the front panel (connected to the motherboard by USB).

Anything plugged into the front panel will experience distortion and clipping even with the 'detect front panel popup' enabled or disabled.

Older drivers do not do this, but there is still some clicking/popping here and there.

The generic Microsoft HD Audio drivers have no such problems, and recognize the front panel as headphones and the rear as speakers.

Only downside is that the sound is no-where as good as the Realtek drivers and I paid for this boards audio (Purity4 sound), so I don't really want to use generic Windows 10 drivers.

I am at a loss as to what Realtek is doing at the moment? They have broken everything.

I had no such issues with my Gigabyte GA-z170x motherboard - the HD audio manager for realtek was a really nice UI that also detected headphones and speakers separately - not this crappy interface that Realtek offers or the even worse Realtek control panel app from the Windows store.

PS - I tried the 8553 drivers. The download has two folders in the zip - one is 'Xsetup' and the installer is not compatible with my board.
The other has a bunch of folders and I chose a few options and the driver installed but no sound and no test tone so not compatible.
Unless I am missing the right driver file for my board and ALC1220 chipset?
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Globespy.

More
3 years 3 months ago #615 by Globespy
Any chance someone could provide a link that works?
I even signed up for this MirrorAce site and still get the 1062 error which is a SQL database error at their end.

Appreciate if someone could upload to dropbox or Google drive.
Thanks

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #616 by erpster96

I know that HDA stands for High Definition Audio bt what's UDA & what's the diff between UAD driver & non-UDA driver, is non-UDA drivers called HDA, hoe someone clarifies precisely with easy explanation

UAD = universal audio driver (new format) - suitable for new Realtek audio devices
Pros: UAD uses LESS disk space than traditional or "legacy" nonUAD drivers
Cons: UAD needs Windows 10 v1703 (build 15063) RS2 or higher to install and use; cannot be used on pre-RS2 versions of Win10
cannot use on Windows versions older than Win10 like Win7 & Win8.1

nonUAD (FFxx) or legacy HDA drivers are traditional drivers (old format) that work on many Windows versions like Win7/8.1/10 & work on many old & new Realtek audio chipsets but take up a bunch of disk space

that explanation good enough for you, SM-003?

thanks Globespy for confirming. it seems I am not alone when trying to download from MirrorAce as the recent database 1062 errors persist.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by erpster96.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds