[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD) - Page 216 - STATION-DRIVERS

[DRIVERS] Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs (HDA/UAD)

More
1 year 4 months ago #3418 by Icecube

While Nahimic 3 no longer works on MSI's old machine since Win10 2004 update, I'm now rolling back from UAD to HDA driver.
The latest HDA FF03 driver integrated with Nahimic APO I found is 8816 provided by Nahimic official, but it seems to outdated and vulnerable.
Is there any later version of HDA FF03?

You could try the modded version by Alan Finotty for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10: github.com/AlanFinotty1995/AAFRealtekMod/releases
The current release 6.0.8960.1 has the Nahimic App downgraded to 1.4.2.0, as newer versions are buggy and have difficulties communicating with the service and APO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3421 by vickbanana

no vickbanana there is no newer FF03 driver higher than 8816 at this time.

if you own an MSI motherboard or laptop (and it is registered with the MSI web site ), contact MSI , make them aware of the Realtek HDA driver vulnerability by letting them read this SafeBreach article regarding the Realtek audio driver vulnerability and let MSI ask Realtek for newer FF03 HDA drivers to patch the security flaw.

note - MSI still has v6.0.1.8619 FF03 HDA driver from early 2019 while ASUS has v6.0.8746.1 FF03 driver from mid-2019.

Thanks. I've submit a support ticket to MSI official. All I could do now is crossing my finger and waiting for a response.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by vickbanana.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3422 by vickbanana

You could try the modded version by Alan Finotty for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10: github.com/AlanFinotty1995/AAFRealtekMod/releases
The current release 6.0.8960.1 has the Nahimic App downgraded to 1.4.2.0, as newer versions are buggy and have difficulties communicating with the service and APO.

Actually, I've been using Nahimic 3 and UAD version modded by myself since Nahimic 3 rolled out.
But after Windows 10 2004 update, Nahimic 3 seems to no longer work again on my GL62 6QF equipped with Intel 6th gen CPU.
I've also tried downgrading my Nahimic app to 1.4.2, unfortunately it didn't work.
That's why I asked for a HDA FF03.
Thanks anyway.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by vickbanana.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3428 by erpster96

Thanks. I've submit a support ticket to MSI official. All I could do now is crossing my finger and waiting for a response.

hopefully MSI would respond within a few business days (and maybe update the standard Realtek HDA driver on their web site during the summer season)
I can't contact MSI cuz I don't own an MSI board or laptop (hard to contact or email them unless an MSI product is registered with them) :(

---

moving on

v6.0.8960.1 A02 UAD driver from Dell (for Dell Precision 7550/7550 laptop PCs) [posted 6/9/2020]
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by erpster96.

More
1 year 4 months ago #3433 by Le Grec
On my Asrock Z390 I used one driver from Asrock found for an other M/B ( Taichi ). 8940.1 It works perfectly.

Meanwhile from a newer version and an other manufacturer got the new UI which also works flawlessly. ( 1.11 ).

For you information Windows found an update for the UI even newer:

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #3447 by erpster96

On my Asrock Z390 I used one driver from Asrock found for an other M/B ( Taichi ). 8940.1 It works perfectly.

Meanwhile from a newer version and an other manufacturer got the new UI which also works flawlessly. ( 1.11 ).

For you information Windows found an update for the UI even newer:

there are two 8940 UAD drivers from ASRock, Le Grec

8940 UAD RTK & 8940 UAD Nahimic

use the 8940 UAD RTK version if your ASRock board is a non-gaming kind

---

moving on

v6.0.8943.1 HDA FF04 non-generic 32bit/64bit from Hewlett-Packard ( sp103864 - release notes ) (posted 6/11/2020)
for HP/Compaq PCs only
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by erpster96.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds