[DOUBT] Let's talk about laptop a CPU(soldered) upgrade - STATION-DRIVERS

[DOUBT] Let's talk about laptop a CPU(soldered) upgrade

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #5387 by Upgrader001
Hello people,
Yes, it's. The guy who wants to do a cpu upgrade.
After walk kilometers and kilometers, trying to find a technical service to do a desoldering(i7-8750H) of the cpu of my laptop to replace it for other something better(i9-9980HK), finally, i have found a place to do this operation.
When i reached the place, he asked me the questions of always. "Is the cpu soldered?" Yes, "Do you have the micro code?" Yes, "Stencil?" Yes,"Do you know if the BIOS and the EC are compatible" in this one he catched me, i answered "i don't know", and that why i'm here. What do i need to know what kind of things i need to do for successful upgrade of my cpu? some one can help me?
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #5388 by THEBOSS619
If it is the same laptop with same model but have different configuration then there is a possibility that the EC and BIOS are compatible.

Only way to check it out is to look for the same laptop with same model or different model but on the same laptop for a maximum configuration that the OEM/Vendors offers. That way you will know which CPU is supported since most OEM/Vendors share the same BIOS across different models but on the same laptop.

to be honest... give it a go if you have nothing to lose... it is all by luck if it works out without BIOS modding.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #5396 by Upgrader001
I have been interrogated, about the features of my laptop. Here is a faq that i got.
"What make and model number is the laptop".
Gigabyte Aorus 15X9

"Whats the motherboard part number,and revision if any".
Manufacturer: Quanta
Model: NLCG type2-board version
for more inofrmation look the attachment:  

File Attachment:

File Name: DESKTOP-5CDL1L7.txt
File Size:114 KB

"Is there a higher SKU with the i9-9980HK".
Yes this model with the i9-9980HK , this one with i7-9750H, this one very similar

The HK versions are unlocked aren`t they ?
Yes they are unlocked.

"and if there is a higher SKU then maybe the ME Management Engine firmware in the bios is different".
in this part, yes they are diferent. But with an update we can pair them with this o not?.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds