M-6500A, PVR M-6510A, PVR M-7010A
- 1)has broken Russian language and cannot support HD Audio pass thru. Here is the
latest firmware 1.5.19 fix above matter and some bugs. No change log details.
- 1) Player
- 1. Fixed: Folder or files with some characters are not shown.
- 1) Player
- 1. Fixed: Disk corrupted sometiles after copy files from PC to TVIX through USB.
- 2. Fixed: Cannot change the partition when copying files using the function key due to navigation buttons removed.
- 1) Player
Better support for EXIF rotation information in Jpeg
Change back to old icon size (200*200) for normal and Album Jacket mode (We referred to the 1.5.10
feedback, which all preferred 200x200 size rather than new 120x120 size.
Video folder icon size will remain as previous version 1.5.10
which is 138x186)
The play button is the default button on the synopsis page.(remote controller focus will be on PLAY button not BACK
Now, the icon mode change with FUNCTION key on the remote works on text mode folders. (It worked only
when all the three mode was text mode in
- 5.More Video cover folders are added If a name of folder, which on the
root folder, is starts with one of below words(case insensitive),
it will shows Video cover art mode instead a normal icon
mode. -"video", "movie", "dvd", "bluray",
"blu-ray", "film","cinema", animation", "drama",
"miniseries", "tv series","music
Rearrange the file list page for some severe over scan displays.Depends on the display, there could be
still be some hiding at the edges.
- 1) Player
- 1. Subtitle loading speed has been improved.
- 2. Audio playlist now supports up to 8192 files.
- 3. Navigation UI Enhanced. (Not supported on UPnP)
- A. The disc navigation removed from the top of the list UI. To navigate to USB, Network, UPnP, a user need to press GOTO key while you browse, then the navigation popup will be shown.
- B. Users can select TEXT or more graphical interface mode for each of Video, Audio and Photo on the Setup-Misc. For Audio and Photo folders, album art and thumbnail mode will behave similar to the Icon mode and the Thumbnail mode of our old firmware, But for video, Cover art mode behaves differently from older firmware. Other then video folders behave differently.
- For Audio,
- 1. Any folders named 'Audio', 'Automp3' and 'Music' (case insensitive) under the root folder will be shown as an icon mode (9 columns x 4 rows) with the icon size 120*120(pixels) so if the folder.jpg(Folder.jpg, folder.png) size is 120*120, the icon will be shown without scale. (Coincidently, Windows Media Player save the covers as Folder.jpg)
- 2. The folder which has no subfolder will be shown as list mode, so users can see file names easily. (Background image is the tvix.jpg on the folder, background image may differ in actual firmware, please replace with your choice of preference)
- 3. Now, jpg files which start with 'albumart' ('albumartxxxx~xxx.jpg) will not be shown on the list. However, these will be shown as an icon when you press INFO button while you play music. If you have many albumartxxx~xxxx.jpg files in your folder, these files will be shown sequentially in time.
- For Photo,1. Any folders named 'Photo' or 'Picture' on the root folder will be shown as Thumbnail UI (9 columns x 4 rows).
- For Video,
- 1. Any folders named 'Video', 'dtv_rec', 'DVD' and 'Bluray' under the root folder will be shown as a Cover art mode (8 columns x 3 rows). The size of the icon is 138x186 pixels.
- 2. When user enters to a folder, (this folder should be located under folder named 'Video', 'Dtv_rec', 'Dvd' or 'Bluray'), TVIX will show a default synopsis page and three buttons at the top of the screen which are Back, Preview and Play. This is no magic. TViX just shows tvix.jpg file in that folder as a background with three buttons(Back,Preview,Play) overlaid on it. So, users need to prepare appropriate tvix.jpg files according the content in that folder. If there are sub folders then TViX will show folders and files as icons and will not display synopsis page. So, you need to delete any subfolders to see tvix.jpg as a synopsis.
- 3. If the folder has a file which name starts with 'preview_', then the Preview button will be enabled and when a user select the Preview button, the file will be played. After playing it, a synopsis page will be shown.
- 4. When a user select the Play button, if there is only one file, a file will be played. If there is more than one file, the file list will be shown so a user can select.
- 5. While you watch video, you can see the synopsis by pressing the guide key on the remote. So recommended folder structure for movies will be Movie_A movie_A.mkv (main movie file) preview_movie_A.mkv (preview file) You do not need to have preview_movie_A.mkv, it is optional) folder.jpg (cover art file) tvix.jpg (Synopsis file) if your movie files are more than two. Movie_B movie_b1.mkv movie_b2.mkv preview_movie_b.mkv folder.jpg tvix.jpg tvix2.jpg (the background image that appears with the movie file list when you press "PLAY" button. if you do not have it, default dark background image will be displayed )DTV
- 1. Now color space option is available just like file player.
- 2. Some UI bug has been fixed.
- 3. Fixed: In some case, TVIX reboot when DTV stops.
- 1) Player
- - Fixed: Cannot navigate by selecting [Up folder] after playing picture files.
- - Improved : Now use Folder.jpg as an icon on Icon browse mode, so if users get album covers using Windows Mediaplayer, these folder icons will be used as icons.
- 1) Player
- - When used with some TVs, screen flickers and becomes black after a few seconds. This happens very irregualry, so it is hard to debug.
- We think it's SDK(Software Develpment Kit) bug from Sigmadesigns. So, we did some work around. When this happen, please press "VIDEO" button
- once and it will become nomal.(It is hard to check whether it solves the problem because we only have one monitor (out of 100 TVs and
- monitors ) that can reproduce the problem but it happens once in days.
- The SDK that the firmware 1.2.52 based upon does not have this problem but we cannot go back to this SDK because it has other bugs including not outputing HD audio output through optical or coax.
- - Fixed: The audio file tag info is broken. Does not show APE and CUE tags.
- - Fixed: The Prev and Next key does not work as paging while music play.
- - Fixed: The audio album jacket is not shown on the info page when an audio file is selected from icon mode
- - Improved: Now, shows the audio jacket files on the folder of currently playing file in the Audio info page.
- 2) ETC
- - Fixed: Cannot copy large size files over SAMBA.
- - Fixed: System reboot when user try to remount local HDD after copy files through FTP.
- 1) Player
- - Fixed: Bookmarks are not saved sometimes.
- - Fixed: Cannot play M4V files.
- - Fixed: The audio album jacket is not shown on the info page when an audio file is being played.
- - Fixed: The chapter title is not shown on the info while a MKV file with chapters info is being played.
- - Fixed: When the bookmark key is pressed while a MKV file with chapters info, the chapter titles are not shown on the chapter selection popup.
- - Fixed: The '¬ñ' is not shown for the Cyrillic subtitle.
- - Fixed: The setup menu shows strange characters when OSD Language is Vietnamese.
- 2) DTV
- - Fixed: The scheduled recording does not start.
- - Fixed: TVIX is not stable if user switch between DTV and player frequently.
- - Fixed: The DTV does not start with the last watching channel.
- - When a user sets OSD language in SET UP menu, the pop-up menu for
- default subtitle encoding selection is displayed automatically.
- # Users need to change encoding type according to the subtitle that they want.
- Let¡¯s say a user set to English for the OSD language and set
- Hebrew for the subtitle encoding. When this user tries to load
- French subtitle, it will not shown correctly since it is saved
- with different encoding. In this case, this user need to change
- encoding to Latin-I by pressing Subtitle key and select the
- encoding button on the popup and select Latin.
- -AAC audio track on TP/TS files is now audible.
- - Fixed : a subtitle track is not shown on a specific TS stream
- - Fixed : a system turn off while trying to change subtitle sync by pressing CH Up or CH Down key.
- - Fixed : keep showing unsupported font message after boot.
- - Fixed : an apostrophe is not shown correctly on French OSD.
- - Fixed a scanning issue.
- - Fixed : Info OSD is disappear too quickly.
- - Fixed : System is unstable if a user press audio key while recording.
- - Fixed : Channel name is shown strangely on VFD.
- - Now, the power button will turn off the system.
- -Supports UTF8
- -Supports Hebrew and Arabic
- -Supports Portuguese and Vietnamese
- -When browsing files, able to see all of language files without changing the language setting.
- -Able to change main language in setup without rebooting
- -Able to change the type of subtitle language in setup and even during playing movie with subtitle key on the remote. ]
- -after pressing subtitle key on the remote, select ¡®Encoding¡¯ button on the window and then choose the encoding language
- -When NFS, able to select language type between the code page and UTF8
- -When using netshare, you should use the code page.
- When using NFS, you should use UTF8 in most case.
- -Changes between video and DTV without rebooting.
- -The changing time is less than 10sec
- 1) Audio
- •Can turn off
the new audio playlist function in setup
- •During the
slide show through UPnP, it supports playing background songs which exist with
the name of ¡®automp3¡¯ folder on local HDD, Network or USB.
improvement : added a icon to display the shuffle(random) and repeat status
during playing audio.
- • Some bugs
- • When
pressing Audio key on the remote, jump to Audio folder If there no
- • Can save the
playlist to the network folder when playing audiothrough network.
- • When the
repeat audio is on , pressing next key on the remote makes repeat mode off it
has been fixed…
- • When playing
internet radio Just after booting, no sound problem through HDMI was fixed
- 2) Network
- • The issue of
pressing « 5 » key on the remote in setup for network was fixed.
- • Can send two
connection simultaneously for FTP (tested by FileZillar ftp client)
- • UI
improvement : added « Wait » OSD when setting network, which it takes long time.
- Other issues are similar to 1.3.158
- Known issues for Video related
- When HD
Audio pass-through is on with HD audio stream, S/PDIF does not work
- When HD
Audio pass-through is off with HD audio stream, playback may not be smooth
- • When DTS
audio setting is digital, HDMI audio is ON and HD audio pass-through is set to
ON, then audio is not heard on the SPDIF output. (For the same setting, if HDMI
audio is set to OFF, then audio is HEARD on the SPDIF output.)
- • Some WMV may
not play correctly
output for AAC/WMA is disabled
- • Does not
support PCM audio track on MP4 now
- •Some low
sampling frequency on AVI and MKV may not sound on HDMI
- • Some MKV
with AAC may not sound
- - Known issues for TS/TP Video related
- •The type of
PGS language is not showed.
- Some TS/TP
may not sound.
- It is a new
TS/TP player written by us not using SDK code. It has better features but the
player has not been tested a lot.
- It may have
some files which do not work better than old TS/TP player.
- - Known issues for audio and pictures related
- • For MP3
files with low sampling frequency, the TVIX might crashwhile playing or trick
play like FF or RW.
- - Known issue for Network
- • BD ISO
playback through Network. It stutters most of the times. It is because mounting
ISO as a drive overhead is too much for 6500 CPU. So, it looks like hardware
limitation. We are trying to optimize it but it may not result to success. We
recommend to use IFO structure.
- •If you play
files without refreshing the file list after delete files through FTP or SAMBA
server, the system will reboot.
- - Known issues for PVR
channel changed, you may not here audio in short time. This is the bug from the
chip manufacturer. To solve this, you can press DTV key or Audio key on the
- - Known issues for UPnP
Playlist, Icon view and Thumbnail view are not supported
internet radio may not be supported