NOTE ! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you do not change the settings of your browser, you agree

Forum  

Messagerie  

You are not logged in.

We have 1540 guests and 6 members online

• Pacman
  • Gitanes
  • Fernando
  • stormwin
  • LION
  • Primus

Connexion  

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.44.1 WHQL issue

Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.44.1 WHQL issue 8 months 3 weeks ago #14385

• fccard
  • Apprenti
Hello there,
Sorry if I'm posting on a wrong place or if this subject has been answered somewhere else. I'm new to the forum. Also sorry if English is not allowed here, I don't speak French.
So I always come to SD for looking new drivers/firmwares. I finally signed to the forum after a problem I had recently with that specific asmedia driver and I hope someone can help me here. The problem is that this driver v1.16.44.1 doesn't work for me. We can find it here: www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option...info&id=2724&lang=en
It installs fine and "Device Manager" says it's Ok but nothing connected to that USB will work (pendrivers, headsets, joysticks, etc). The latest working version is v1.16.41.3. I'm on Win10Pro x64 14393 (latest version) and my motherboard is Asus Maximus V Gene, chipset Z77.
I saw someone having exactly same issue and they asked him if he had the latest firmware installed and that could be the reason. I remember that I had its firmware upgraded once long time ago (over 2 years). I cant remember the exactly version was that. I see here a new firmware www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option...info&id=2279&lang=en and I really would like to hear from you guys if that is 100% compatible with my system or not even when it says it's from HP. So can I install it on my PC without damaging it? Will that allow me to install and use latest 1.16.44.1 driver?
Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by admin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.44.1 WHQL issue 8 months 3 weeks ago #14386

• Fdrsoft
  • admin
  • Administrateur
Hi,
Hi you have ben done to ask the question here
I reassure you the firmware will automatically defer if it needs to update or not your chipset :)

article:
www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option...6&Itemid=171&lang=fr
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Professional Gaming i7/ i7 6700K / 16Go Corsaire DDR4 3200 MHz CL12 / Seasonic 700W Platinum / X-Fi titanium HD & Hifi Samsung / Enermax Thormax / IIYAMA XB2483HSU / Samsung SSD840Pro/850Pro/850EVO,Sandisk Ultra II 480Go / GTX960 / Clavier G-Skill / Souris G-Skill /
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by admin.

Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.44.1 WHQL issue 8 months 3 weeks ago #14387

• fccard
  • Apprenti
admin wrote:
Hi,
Hi you have ben done to ask the question here
I reassure you the firmware will automatically defer if it needs to update or not your chipset :)

article:
www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option...6&Itemid=171&lang=fr

Hello there, admin.
Thank you for your reply.
So, I'm not sure if I did not understand what you saying to me or if I did explain badly my case. English is not my main language.
You gave me that link for a Asmedia ASM-1142 USB 3.1 firmware and you saying that's the right one for my Asus Maximus V Gene? As far as I know, the Asmedia chip present on my motherboard is ASM-1042A - if I'm not wrong - and it's for USB 3.0, not 3.1.
What I tried to say is that the latest driver for ASM-1042A, version 1.16.44.1, does not work for me and other members complained about same issue. The latest working driver version for me was 1.16.41.3. All the others after that does not work as I said before.
So I'm wondering if I upgrade the firmware for my Asmedia ASM-1042A chip to the last version available - 131025_10_11_23 - will I be able to install the latest drivers for it? Also I would like to know if that specific firmware is the right one to install on my PC. I need to be very sure about it because, as you know, installing a non-compatible firmware may break the chip forever...
Again, thank you for the help. If anyone else have a solution for it and would like to share, it would be very appreciated.
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by fccard.

Asmedia ASM-104x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.44.1 WHQL issue 8 months 3 weeks ago #14388

• Fdrsoft
  • admin
  • Administrateur
The above page was an example of the automatic update
If the old drivers worked, it is quite possible that there exists with the last a bug
But I advise you to update your firmware ASM1042 for a good functioning
www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option...elect&id=461&lang=fr
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Professional Gaming i7/ i7 6700K / 16Go Corsaire DDR4 3200 MHz CL12 / Seasonic 700W Platinum / X-Fi titanium HD & Hifi Samsung / Enermax Thormax / IIYAMA XB2483HSU / Samsung SSD840Pro/850Pro/850EVO,Sandisk Ultra II 480Go / GTX960 / Clavier G-Skill / Souris G-Skill /
The following user(s) said Thank You: fccard
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds